Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: How much hay is it normal for rabbits to eat?

  1. #1
    Mama Doe KCG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4,119

    Default How much hay is it normal for rabbits to eat?

    Is it normal for rabbits to eat hay for 30-60 minutes, is it normal for them to eat hay 24/7?
    Last edited by KCG; 27-08-2021 at 06:14 PM.

  2. #2
    Wise Old Thumper susie bun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    39,947

    Default

    Rabbits should ideally spend a lot of time eating hay! My Bertie is a good hay eater but he sleeps most of the afternoon and doesn't eat hay if he thinks his pellets or greens are about to be served.

  3. #3
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    20,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KCG View Post
    Is it normal for rabbits to eat hay for 30-60 minutes, is it normal for them to eat hay 24/7?
    Yea that's totally normal buns graze all day!

  4. #4
    Mama Doe KCG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by susie bun View Post
    Rabbits should ideally spend a lot of time eating hay! My Bertie is a good hay eater but he sleeps most of the afternoon and doesn't eat hay if he thinks his pellets or greens are about to be served.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Yea that's totally normal buns graze all day!
    Cookie started eating so much hay for 7-10 days that it seemed strange to me. Sometimes I see him eating hay for 30-60 minutes. As if his whole life is now eating hay and lying.

  5. #5
    Warren Veteran bunny momma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    7,695

    Default

    It is a good sign cookie wants to eat a lot of hay.He must be feeling good.

  6. #6
    Mama Doe KCG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    It is a good sign cookie wants to eat a lot of hay.He must be feeling good.
    He'll be fine, I don't want anything else. Mashallah

  7. #7
    Warren Scout AnjaSanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    189

    Default

    THey ussualy eat 100g-150g daily. Less or more depends of the size, and dieat. THe more fresh or pellets less hay they eat.

  8. #8
    Mama Doe KCG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnjaSanja View Post
    THey ussualy eat 100g-150g daily. Less or more depends of the size, and dieat. THe more fresh or pellets less hay they eat.
    I don't know how much he ate anymore, because he's a glutton He sure ate more than that Let him be fine and eat me if he wants, I don't want anything else

  9. #9
    Moderator Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    41,665

    Default

    They should eat a pile of hay at least as big as themselves every day. The more hay they eat the better!

  10. #10
    Mama Doe KCG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    They should eat a pile of hay at least as big as themselves every day. The more hay they eat the better!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •