• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT help needed

I'd wait til your OH is home, had a chance to chill out...maybe even tomorrow. I wouldn't risk doing it yourself, you don't need the stress or having them go for each other & it risking your confidence further

I agree with this.

Oh, gosh, I'm sorry they had an argument... :( I don't have anything to add to the great advice the others have given you. Casper and Sophie get possessive over food (including treats) as well, and will chase the other away, so I'm always careful with treats and don't give them anything they super love. They're okay if it's a treat they like but don't love, so if you do want to give them treats you might want to find something they don't like as much? But for now it sounds best to not give them any, I agree.

I'd wait til your OH is home, had a chance to chill out...maybe even tomorrow. I wouldn't risk doing it yourself, you don't need the stress or having them go for each other & it risking your confidence further
Yes I decided that would be best as I am ultra shattered today aswell. The stress of it all would be too much. We are going to do a clean up of the area where their puppy pen will go in the bedroom first and put lots of nice hay in there and make it lovely and cosy. Then try again eeeeek!

If that doesn't work we will have to take them back to the beginning and put the puppy pen in a neutral area in the lounge and I will have to sleep back in there. I would rather they stayed together if possible until Lillabelle is spayed as they would be happier hopefully.

Otherwise we are looking at them being seperate for 12 weeks at least which is such a long time for them and us. Having to clean out 2 cages and doing all their hay and stuff twice is much harder going than one puppy pen.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Oh, gosh, I'm sorry they had an argument... :( I don't have anything to add to the great advice the others have given you. Casper and Sophie get possessive over food (including treats) as well, and will chase the other away, so I'm always careful with treats and don't give them anything they super love. They're okay if it's a treat they like but don't love, so if you do want to give them treats you might want to find something they don't like as much? But for now it sounds best to not give them any, I agree.
Yes I agree. They seem to love the loops so much. In time I could give them but I need to be more careful how I do it making sure they can both see my hands and they are kind of lined up waiting in a space.

I gave Mischief a treat a bit casually them found Lillabelle and gave one to her. I think Mischief got jealous of the treat for Lillabelle bearing in mind we have a major bond aswell and he demands my attention aswell.

It is actually all my fault. I should have been more aware of the situation. I just hope I haven't ruined everything and they accept each other again. If they do I will be leaving any treats for a good while and if I givd them at all I will have to be extra careful how I do it. And like you said keep it to treats they do not love so much x

Yes I agree. They seem to love the loops so much. In time I could give them but I need to be more careful how I do it making sure they can both see my hands and they are kind of lined up waiting in a space.

I gave Mischief a treat a bit casually them found Lillabelle and gave one to her. I think Mischief got jealous of the treat for Lillabelle bearing in mind we have a major bond aswell and he demands my attention aswell.

It is actually all my fault. I should have been more aware of the situation. I just hope I haven't ruined everything and they accept each other again. If they do I will be leaving any treats for a good while and if I givd them at all I will have to be extra careful how I do it. And like you said keep it to treats they do not love so much x

Sorry this has happened, I am super careful with treats for this reason, I have to make sure they all get them at the exact same time, and I watch them.. Its a right headache [emoji38] otherwise someone steals someone else's and then there's circling [emoji849] I don't think it's ruined forever though, just go back a few steps and keep things really simple, I wouldn't introduce anything but hay and basically have no excitement.

Sorry this has happened, I am super careful with treats for this reason, I have to make sure they all get them at the exact same time, and I watch them.. Its a right headache [emoji38] otherwise someone steals someone else's and then there's circling [emoji849] I don't think it's ruined forever though, just go back a few steps and keep things really simple, I wouldn't introduce anything but hay and basically have no excitement.
Yes we will cut out treats completely. Probably until we can make sure their bond is secure after she is spayed now. They don't need treats.

We will just introduce hay to start with and then scatter pellets. They have been fine sharing veggies without a problem as I put it on a platter laid out with plenty of choice. I also break their bigger veg up into smaller pieces so they can't argue over a nice big titbit. They did squabble over a piece of long kale so now I break it up into smaller bits and they have been fine since.

We will keep them in the puppy pen in the bedroom a lot longer aswell. When they have been in there a few days I thought maybe I could let them out for an hour to stretch their legs together as Lillabelle really needs that. She starts dashing about the puppy pen at top speed otherwise jumping over Mischief and occasionally bumping right into him. I'm thinking she needs that energy release being a baby. I worry also that it will wind Mischief up aswell and it kicks off again.

So I thought I could let them out for an hour and then put them back in the puppy pen so they are put back close together and ensure the bond does not break. I don't know if this is a good idea?

It is so sad. I am letting them out seperately in the bedroom for a run and it is Lillabelle's turn. Mischief is in the puppy cage as we had that set up already and we just reduced it to 6 panels so her little cage would sit next to him in the pen. Lillabelle is just sitting outside the puppy pen and digging at it to get to Mischief. He is lying the other side and keeps biting the blanket. They obviously want to be near each other.

We are going to do a clean out of puppy pen and remove their toys and sticks and everything. We will just start with hay then slowly introduce scattered pellets and things like dandelion leaves and apple sticks later on once we know they are looking settled.

We will either do it tonight or tomorrow morning. We want to start it soon as we have a long bank holiday weekend to try and get them bonded while my OH and I can take turns watching them and I can do night then my OH can take over in the morning while I sleep.

We have the grandchildren on Sunday afternoon aswell and have them overnight although my daughter will be coming back here after a night out to sleep. So we need to watch the bunnies plus a 7 year old hyper grandson and a 9 month grandaughter who is super demanding and needs my constant attention. Looks like a fun weekend ahead [emoji38]

Back