Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Separation anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by KCG View Post
    I know I learned a lot on this forum. What I'm wondering is, normally Cookie is with us but does she get upset when we go somewhere? Does he think we abandoned him?
    He won’t have the thought process of being abandoned but he might feel anxious.

‘’All war is a symptom of man’s failure as a thinking animal.”
    ―John Steinbeck.

RESCUED PLUSH LOP VINNIE NEEDS A FOREVER HOME
    https://www.bleakholt.org/lancashire...-small-animal/

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    He won’t have the thought process of being abandoned but he might feel anxious.
    Oh ok I understand. Rabbits don't have a fear of abandonment? For example, would Cookie miss me if I had to leave the petsitter for a few days? I always wonder about this.

Thanks all! In a way it's good to know they won't miss me and will have eachother. I hate thinking of all the lonely dogs that will be confused now owners are going back to work for 8hrs a day!

In this case it's more likely going to be me suffering with the separation anxiety 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage&Beans View Post
    Thanks all! In a way it's good to know they won't miss me and will have eachother. I hate thinking of all the lonely dogs that will be confused now owners are going back to work for 8hrs a day!

In this case it's more likely going to be me suffering with the separation anxiety ������

Yep - you're not alone though

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    my pair too My boy would be so much happier if he didn't have to listen to my rendition of Jolene (sing Joey obv) every afternoon in exchange for a few leaves

My old & solo Mousey though - her little face lights up when Bob when comes home & her head bobs about until he has lay on the floor to give her kisses & strokes. So sad
    Oh yes, mine have to endure the singing as well. Currently it's the Chas and Dave special "Snoopy, Poopy nuts are we. We are Snoopy, loopy!". Plus a variation on Spider Pig: "Fudgie Cake, Fudgie Cake! Does whatever a Fudgie Cake does!".

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage&Beans View Post

In this case it's more likely going to be me suffering with the separation anxiety 😂😂😂
    You sound just like me! We work from home anyway but the bunnies we have now we got not long before lockdown. So we've hardly been out and about. When we first went out for the whole day, one of my bunnies, Hazel, was acting a bit weird when we got back, she's quite a nervy bunny and doesn't like change. I wondered if she thought we had been eaten! She has a very close bond with me, she's always licking me. She also has a strong bond with Shadow, I think she would pick him over me but it's close. Shadow has a good bond with us too but he doesn't care who it is as long as he's getting some attention! Anyway, we've been out and about more and she's getting used to it now. We were out the other day and I joked about having seperation anxiety myself now, I really missed them and wanted to be at home. My advice would be to both go out for just a few hours at first if you are still worried and then extend the time. As others have said, they have each other and there is no reason you can't leave them other than your own anxiety :-)