• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smokey cat 6th October 2011 - 27th July 2021

Zoobec

Staff member
My poor son found Smokey in his forever sleep on the patio today :cry: we are broken hearted :cry:

Smokey was part of an accidental litter that was handed in to a local rescue, we had him since he was a tiny kitten. He’s been such a big part of our family for almost 10 years, such a character, and we will miss him dreadfully :cry:

2021 has not been a good year for us at all :cry:

He was very clever and would let himself in the back door by jumping up on the handle. He also sat and stretched up for a treat, on command.

lrb0ZtW.jpg

He loved boxes and so Amazon deliveries all came with a free cat bed :lol: he also liked to sleep in various places in the house

wc9bG7U.jpg

My poor son found Smokey in his forever sleep on the patio today :cry: we are broken hearted :cry:

Smokey was part of an accidental litter that was handed in to a local rescue, we had him since he was a tiny kitten. He’s been such a big part of our family for almost 10 years, such a character, and we will miss him dreadfully :cry:

2021 has not been a good year for us at all :cry:

He was very clever and would let himself in the back door by jumping up on the handle. He also sat and stretched up for a treat, on command.

lrb0ZtW.jpg

He loved boxes and so Amazon deliveries all came with a free cat bed [emoji38] he also liked to sleep in various places in the house

wc9bG7U.jpg
Oh Zoobec I'm so sorry :( he was such a beautiful cat xx

I forgot to post that he died suddenly without any signs of being ill. He looked very peaceful as if he just died whilst sunbathing. Seems likely it was a stroke or heart issue but we decided not to do a PM because it wouldn’t bring him back or solve anything :cry:

I'm so sorry Zoobec :cry:
A gorgeous cat and it sounds like you have some wonderful memories xx

Thankyou :wave: yes, when we took him to the crematorium the gentleman there was saying how awful the heartache is when you lose a beloved pet. Its the hardest part of having pets. They bring so much joy and happiness but such sadness when they go :cry:

I can't find anything to say, I'm really sorry. This pain is indescribable :( Sleep in the lights xxxx

Oh Zoobec I'm so very sorry to hear this, such an awful shock for you and your family. The only consolation I can give, is that Smokey went peacefully without any sign of illness, which is what we'd all probably want for our furry friends. Sweet dreams beautiful Smokey, and big hug Zoobec xxx

Thankyou everyone, as always, your support is a big help to us at times like this.

Oh Zoobec I'm so very sorry to hear this, such an awful shock for you and your family. The only consolation I can give, is that Smokey went peacefully without any sign of illness, which is what we'd all probably want for our furry friends. Sweet dreams beautiful Smokey, and big hug Zoobec xxx

Yes, this is what I’m thinking. It’s just so hard. Holly, Alfie and Smokey were such a massive part of our lives and we have lost them all now :cry::cry::cry: we all feel so broken. I feel so bad for my son, he’s 20 and he was the one that found both Alfie and now Smokey when they had died :cry:

I’m so sorry you’ve lost your beloved Smokey - such a very special part of your family. Sending hugs. xxx

Back