• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone tried Haybox's new soft Timothy?

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Need to buy some hay & can't decide whether to go for the old faithful regular stalky from timothyhay.co.uk or Hay Box's "new" soft? I'm thinking soft might by nice cos their homemade stuff is very stalky. Thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has tried it?

Need to buy some hay & can't decide whether to go for the old faithful regular stalky from timothyhay.co.uk or Hay Box's "new" soft? I'm thinking soft might by nice cos their homemade stuff is very stalky. Thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has tried it?
Nah I haven't, mine won't touch haybox! Which is weird because they've never refused any hay before.. Do yours go mad for it? Everybun seems to love it [emoji38] I thought it smelt amazing too we ended up dumping a big box of it!

Nah I haven't, mine won't touch haybox! Which is weird because they've never refused any hay before.. Do yours go mad for it? Everybun seems to love it [emoji38] I thought it smelt amazing too we ended up dumping a big box of it!

That's a shame. I never dump hay - just use the stuff they don't like on top of the litter. Oh I did dump some Burgess stuff as was convinced it was what gave Mouse mites. I seem to remember they loved Haybox timothy, until I did the 15k order - then they went off it, then back on it. At that point I had boxes & boxes of hay all over the house though: I'm not going down that path again lol:

That's a shame. I never dump hay - just use the stuff they don't like on top of the litter. Oh I did dump some Burgess stuff as was convinced it was what gave Mouse mites. I seem to remember they loved Haybox timothy, until I did the 15k order - then they went off it, then back on it. At that point I had boxes & boxes of hay all over the house though: I'm not going down that path again lol:
We don't normally but I was convinced there was some wrong with it based on their reaction to it, so I wasn't chancing it [emoji38] otherwise I'd have offered it on here [emoji38]

We don't normally but I was convinced there was some wrong with it based on their reaction to it, so I wasn't chancing it [emoji38] otherwise I'd have offered it on here [emoji38]

I see. Yep - same with that Burgess stuff. Got to trust your instincts.

I think I'll try the soft - its calling me :lol:

I chose well for once. They are really liking it - even Mousey

Its very soft, green & smells good

Ah I'm so glad [emoji7] does Mousey eat much hay?

Very little. She mainly eats forage, generally fresh for the water content. This hay though she had a munch when she went in for a pee & then returned for more 2 mins later. I'd love her to eat more hay - it'd be my dream, esp as when Summers over fresh forage will be difficult. All paws crossed

We have the new soft going down well!

Stopped buying hayboxclub as had a really terrible box which is un like them. It was brown, damp and full of weird leaves. Can’t afford the risk when on maternity pay :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have the new soft going down well!

Stopped buying hayboxclub as had a really terrible box which is un like them. It was brown, damp and full of weird leaves. Can’t afford the risk when on maternity pay :lol:

the new soft from haybox?

We are back on Timothyhay.co.uk soft one, the bad batch was hayboxclub soft :(

ahhh. You confused me cos you said new but site still says 2018 - mine loved that but we had to cut loose - i wonder how much nutrition is left in 3 year old hay. I did see a review on haybox from someone who had similar experience to you though

ahhh. You confused me cos you said new but site still says 2018 - mine loved that but we had to cut loose - i wonder how much nutrition is left in 3 year old hay. I did see a review on haybox from someone who had similar experience to you though
We're still feeding the 2018 soft Timothyhay.co.uk hay sometimes, we buy mostly the stalky though coz Atticus.. But is the 2018 no good then?

We're still feeding the 2018 soft Timothyhay.co.uk hay sometimes, we buy mostly the stalky though coz Atticus.. But is the 2018 no good then?

I've no idea really but I would suspect the nutritional values of hay & forage would diminish over time

I was thinking about the 2018 batch - that was a really hot spring. i wonder if that makes for tastier hay ?

I've no idea really but I would suspect the nutritional values of hay & forage would diminish over time

I was thinking about the 2018 batch - that was a really hot spring. i wonder if that makes for tastier hay ?

Yea I never really thought about it!

Yea 2018 was that crazy year, all the grass turned brown! Maybe it does [emoji38] we'll have to start sourcing our hay from the south of France [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

That’s true but i always offer stalky as well so hopefully it should be ok nutrient wise. For there still to be that amount of hay all these years later it must of been a good year for hay! Syrup likes to get right underneath the soft one

I've just had a delivery of the haybox soft and it seems really good.

My guys first try of it and they seem keen. They also usually have the 2018 timothyhay.co.uk stuff.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Yay, good that Primrose & Rodney approve. Do they have stalky too or are they all about the soft ?

Back