• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two gorgeous neutered & vaccinated boys needing a new home

FiOr

Young Bun
With much sadness I am currently trying to find a new home for our two 11 month old boy bunny brothers (both neutered & vaccinated) as due to personal reasons I am struggling to care for them as well as they should be looked after.

They are both healthy & enjoy spending time with my family (including a 5 year old) being stroked etc. They will both feed from your hand and tend to lick us to say thank you! Both are litter trained. Currently kept in a large enclosure in our main living area so accustomed to being part of a noisy family home. They are a fairly small, cross breed who came to us as unexpected babies from a local family.

My biggest concern is their lack of companionship. We had to separate them a few hours after being neutered as they had a fall out. (Neither were injured & vet told us it was most likely due to a hormone surge combined with discomfort following their operations.) Since then, they have been living side by side and spend a lot of time lying near each other & mirroring behaviour.

I struggle with anxiety and had no idea prior to owning rabbits that fall outs &/or fighting could happen. I would never have considered them as suitable pets for us if I had. Despite investigating using a bonding service to get them back together I have realised that I am unlikely to ever feel confident enough ever to allow them to be alone in a shared space.
The other limitation due to my anxieties is being able to give them enough space now they are not physically together. We intended to have them outdoors but my ‘worry brain’ went into overdrive and despite my trying I am not able to conquer my fears.

Ideally we would like them to go together with someone who is experienced with rabbits & bonding, and will be able to let them have the rabbit companionship and the constant space to run around that they deserve. Or, if two suitable girl bunnies needed handsome bunny husbands then that could work too.

We are in Leicestershire and happy to answer any questions you might have.
Thank you

I am still looking - please share if you know anyone in East Midlands who might be interested.

Also are there any local-ish rescues anyone could recommend if I am not successful rehoming myself?
Thanks x

It does sound like you are doing your best, I understand your struggle with anxiety. They certainly need more space - I'm sure being so confined doesn't help, rabbits needs lots of space. I wish I could offer them a home. I have a small garden with 2 bunnies already. If you post some pictures I'm sure it would help them find a new home :)

Two gorgeous, neutered, 1 year old boys needing new home

With much sadness I am currently trying to find a new home for our two 1 year old boy bunny brothers (both neutered & vaccinated) as due to personal reasons I am struggling to care for them as well as they should be looked after.

They are both healthy & enjoy spending time with my family (including a 5 year old) being stroked etc. They will both feed from your hand and tend to lick us to say thank you! Both are litter trained. Currently kept in a large enclosure in our main living area so accustomed to being part of a noisy family home. They are a fairly small, cross breed who came to us as unexpected babies from a local family.

My biggest concern is their lack of companionship. We had to separate them a few hours after being neutered as they had a fall out. (Neither were injured & vet told us it was most likely due to a hormone surge combined with discomfort following their operations.) Since then, they have been living side by side and spend a lot of time lying near each other & mirroring behaviour.

I struggle with anxiety and had no idea prior to owning rabbits that fall outs &/or fighting could happen. I would never have considered them as suitable pets for us if I had. Despite investigating using a bonding service to get them back together I have realised that I am unlikely to ever feel confident enough ever to allow them to be alone in a shared space.
The other limitation due to my anxieties is being able to give them enough space now they are not physically together. We intended to have them outdoors but my ‘worry brain’ went into overdrive and despite my trying I am not able to conquer my fears.

Ideally we would like them to go together with someone who is experienced with rabbits & bonding, and will be able to let them have the rabbit companionship and the constant space to run around that they deserve. Or, if two suitable girl bunnies needed handsome bunny husbands then that could work too.

We are in Leicestershire and happy to answer any questions you might have.
Thank you

I’ve merged the thread you have made with your earlier thread as we don’t allow duplicate threads

Back