• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving

Today was moving day! Walli stayed at my parents house and I'm glad he did, the moving company were loud:shock:
He was really stressed out though, didn't eat all day:( Now he has nibbled a bit and drank some water but not nearly as much as he use to eat:(
Have given him syringefeed once in the afternoon but I am reluctant to do so again as I know he is superstressed by it, I hope he will keep nibbling a bit by himself. He has also eaten some greater plantain.

I hope the move itself went well. Fingers crossed that Walli will settle and eat more soon.

I hope the move itself went well. Fingers crossed that Walli will settle and eat more soon.

Yes thank you, the move itself went well!
I hope so too, I want to stay up with him all night just to see he is doing ok but I really need to get some sleep, moving is exhausting!

You made it. really hope walli settles enough to have a really good feed soon. a voluntary nibble & syringe feed sounds about right. Lots of vibes -you'll have a busy few weeks ahead organising your new home?

I'm glad the move went well and that you feel you made the right decision having Walli stay at your parents' house. I'm sorry he was so stressed out, though, poor boy. :( It's good that he nibbled a bit and drank some water and had a syringe feed and some plantain. Sending him lots of vibes and I hope he'll feel a bit more settled soon and will eat more.

You made it. really hope walli settles enough to have a really good feed soon. a voluntary nibble & syringe feed sounds about right. Lots of vibes -you'll have a busy few weeks ahead organising your new home?

Thank you, he is still not eating as he use to but he is nibbling hay on and off. And he has pooped but not as much as he use to :(
He is sooo afraid of me poor thing, he probably thinks I will put him in the carrier again :( He will only accept treats like plantain and parsley if given by my OH, not by me.

Yes we will have very busy weeks (or months :shock:) organising! I don´t like moving at all and don´t like change but I think in the end this place will be better both for Walli, my daughter and me and OH :)

I'm glad the move went well and that you feel you made the right decision having Walli stay at your parents' house. I'm sorry he was so stressed out, though, poor boy. :( It's good that he nibbled a bit and drank some water and had a syringe feed and some plantain. Sending him lots of vibes and I hope he'll feel a bit more settled soon and will eat more.

Thank you! Still not eating so good but I hope it will get better. He got some metoclopramide yesterday when I had to handle him anyway and I think that helped him, thank you :)

Back