• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cookie had surgery

KCG

Warren Veteran
Hi to everyone,
Cookie had sterilization surgery. He's fine, now I'm going to pick him up at the vet.

Last edited:
I'm so pleased that has had his surgery, sending lots of vibes for a quick recovery Cookie xxx

First of all, I'm sorry,I just looked at the forum. I'm telling you everything now.

The surgery took 1 hour. He was kept under observation for 1-2 hours and then I picked he up. Everyone loved him and said he was very calm. The vet said that cookie is very calm and not aggressive at all, very kind. :)

He is very good :) It's not like he's had any surgery. He was very energetic when he first came home. He was a little offended at first, but after a few minutes he made up. :) Now he is constantly eating hay and vegetables. At first he was a bit of a mess because of the hat on his head and I thought he was going crazy. At first he tried to take off the hat all the time and couldn't eat. But then I helped and taught him, now he can eat by himself. He hasn't tried drinking water yet, I offered him but he didn't want to. I also need to help him drink water and teach him. He is drinking water from the bowl, is there an easier and more practical way to drink water?

I'm adding the last picture now. :)

https://imguh.com/image/2BqZ3
https://imguh.com/image/2BEH9

He's eating well, so that's the main thing.

Most vets don't use cones on rabbits after neutering as it stops them grooming and eating their cecotropes. As long as they leave the wound alone...
How long were you advised to leave it on him?

Cookie tries to clean himself after going to the toilet but can't. :| The hat is preventing him from doing this, I'm sad to see. :|

He's eating well, so that's the main thing.

Most vets don't use cones on rabbits after neutering as it stops them grooming and eating their cecotropes. As long as they leave the wound alone...
How long were you advised to leave it on him?

Veterinarian told him to wear a hat for 5 days. She said if we took off the hat he'd chew on her stitches.

Pleased that Cookie is doing well after his castration.

Thank you so much. But when I see him with the hat on his head, I feel so sad, I cry. :( I wonder if the sterilization decision was bad, I blame myself. :( It makes me so sad to see him like this with the hat on his head. :(

Oh bless him.. I never had cones on my buns after having them neutered :( have you got pain meds for him when what they gave him wears off? With proper pain management he shouldn't bite his stitches I'd have thought :(

Oh bless him.. I never had cones on my buns after having them neutered :( have you got pain meds for him when what they gave him wears off? With proper pain management he shouldn't bite his stitches I'd have thought :(

Yes, he's taking his painkillers. But the vet said Cookie could hurt him stitches while he groomed himself. So she said don't take off the hat.

I'm glad Cookie got through his operation ok and is recovering well. It is hard seeing them struggle but try and remember that it's only for a few days and he'll be so much happier long term now he's had his operation.

Back