Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cookie had surgery

Quote Originally Posted by chul View Post
    My bun didn't wear a cone after his neuter either, we had no issues
    I wonder if the method of stitch is different according to the countries?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    I'm glad Cookie got through his operation ok and is recovering well. It is hard seeing them struggle but try and remember that it's only for a few days and he'll be so much happier long term now he's had his operation.
    You are right, thank you so much.

Sending lots of vibes that little Cookie will heal quickly xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Oh bless him, topping up the get well soon vibes, I have never had a rabbit after neuter in a cone. Could you take it off whilst you are with him and then replace?

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    Sending lots of vibes that little Cookie will heal quickly xx
    Thanks you all.

Actually I want to confess something. I don't normally find sterilization behavior very ethical. I don't think it's right to sterilize a living thing. Just as we think it's a terrible thing when we do it to people, I actually thought the same thing when it was done to animals. But I love Cookie so much that I couldn't take the risk considering the possibility of her getting sick in the future. Frankly, my love for him got ahead of ethical values. So I feel a little guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert&Dillon View Post
    Oh bless him, topping up the get well soon vibes, I have never had a rabbit after neuter in a cone. Could you take it off whilst you are with him and then replace?
    He is constantly trying to groom himself. If I take off him hat he'll probably damage him stitches so I'm scared.

Cookie doesn't want to drink from her water bowl since she's wearing a top hat. I don't understand why he doesn't want to try and learn because he has a little difficulty. He drinks when I give him water with a water bottle. Now I'm constantly giving him water every 30 minutes. He's struggling because of the hat on his head, but he can drink water from the bowl as before. But he doesn't want to drink water from the bowl now.

My bunnies were given cones when they got neutered last year. Joey kept pulling his off and Sophie was just so miserable with it on so wouldn't eat or drink.

Our vet had requested a next day check up as neither of them had eaten at the vet post op (Joey started eating as soon as he got home). I explained how they were having issues with the cones and they gave us these medical pet shirts

https://medicalpetshirts.com/product...-shirt-rabbit/

They're like baby grows for bunnies! They still weren't happy with them but they were a lot happier than they were with the cones. There's a hole for the tail and for them to eat their cecos. They're heads are also free so they can eat and drink normally. It also helped ease my worries as I was paranoid about them chewing their stitches (Joey did this a little the first night when he took his cone off).

Maybe you could ask your vet about these or find them online? I've also heard of people modifying baby grows or socks!

So pleased Cookie is recovering well. X

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage&Beans View Post
    My bunnies were given cones when they got neutered last year. Joey kept pulling his off and Sophie was just so miserable with it on so wouldn't eat or drink.

Our vet had requested a next day check up as neither of them had eaten at the vet post op (Joey started eating as soon as he got home). I explained how they were having issues with the cones and they gave us these medical pet shirts

https://medicalpetshirts.com/product...-shirt-rabbit/

They're like baby grows for bunnies! They still weren't happy with them but they were a lot happier than they were with the cones. There's a hole for the tail and for them to eat their cecos. They're heads are also free so they can eat and drink normally. It also helped ease my worries as I was paranoid about them chewing their stitches (Joey did this a little the first night when he took his cone off).

Maybe you could ask your vet about these or find them online? I've also heard of people modifying baby grows or socks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barn Yard Bunnies View Post
    So pleased Cookie is recovering well. X
    Thank you both so much.

Cookie isn't too happy with the cone hat either but it's good to eat and drink, mashallah.
    I asked this to the vet. At the clinic she said the dress was for female rabbits only, not for males. This dress option is so good, but even many normal rabbit products are not sold in Turkey. I've looked online but can't find it.