• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Susan

I've been thinking of you too. It must have been such a horrible shock for you.

Susan was also such a special and beautiful rabbit. After I read your post I looked back at the last pic you posted of them, called Night Night :love:

Sending lots of hugs and please know that we care.

Any loss is very hard but I think it’s even harder when it’s sudden like that :cry:

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

You've been in my thoughts too. She was such a special girl & funny character, she'll be sorely missed. Hows Rups? xx

I too have been thinking about you. It’s so sad and so sudden, just horrible and I really feel for you. I’m sending you so many hugs xxx

How is Rups holding up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rups is so sad, when she died, I sat on the floor with her for a while. Then I put her on the dining room floor. Rups came in and sat on her - realised something was wrong and nudged her. He then started to wash her face. It proper broke my heart. Then he stamped his foot and went inside his house and up into the loft.
After a little while I moved her but only when she started to go into rigor. I must have checked for a pulse 100 times - but I knew she had gone.

It is causing issues at home now as I said that these 2 were my last 2 but I expected to have them for quite a few years. Rups is only coming up 3 years old. My situation at home is very different to when we first got bunnies. I have a 3 year old 4 days a week. I have some pretty large responsibilities for caring and I work full time. It is not right to get another yet I dont want to give Rups up - and I can not bear the idea of him being alone.
OH is being so sensible and saying rehome Rups but my heart says no but I know it would be for the best. I just dont want to though.

Sorry for the blubbing post - I just need to talk to people who understand.

I totally understand your thoughts, poor Rupert :cry: are you very far from Craig? Is it worth a go with Flo? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I think it's too early for you to make any decisions about Rups. One option might be to foster a companion for Rups, but I really think you should give yourself more time.

Personally, I think it's too early for you to make any decisions about Rups. One option might be to foster a companion for Rups, but I really think you should give yourself more time.

Thank you, I dont feel like I can make a decision about anything yet, but I have to do what Rups needs. Its all so very horrid. TBH I want the impossible ie Susan. x

Rups is so sad, when she died, I sat on the floor with her for a while. Then I put her on the dining room floor. Rups came in and sat on her - realised something was wrong and nudged her. He then started to wash her face. It proper broke my heart. Then he stamped his foot and went inside his house and up into the loft.
After a little while I moved her but only when she started to go into rigor. I must have checked for a pulse 100 times - but I knew she had gone.

It is causing issues at home now as I said that these 2 were my last 2 but I expected to have them for quite a few years. Rups is only coming up 3 years old. My situation at home is very different to when we first got bunnies. I have a 3 year old 4 days a week. I have some pretty large responsibilities for caring and I work full time. It is not right to get another yet I dont want to give Rups up - and I can not bear the idea of him being alone.
OH is being so sensible and saying rehome Rups but my heart says no but I know it would be for the best. I just dont want to though.

Sorry for the blubbing post - I just need to talk to people who understand.
I completely understand this, sending you so many hugs xx

I think give yourself more time, you don't need to make a decision immediately for anyone's sake. Watching Apricot has been heartbreaking, but it did get a little better as time passed. You all need time, don't rush into anything.

We are taking another friend for Apricot in and tbh I have very mixed feelings about the whole thing, obviously he's very welcome here and I hope he helps Apricot and they have a lovely life together, and I'll give him the best care I possibly can, and I know I'll come to love him like my other buns.. But just like you, I just want Penelope back tbh, it's so hard, so don't push yourself to make a decision either way xx

Last edited:
I don’t think you should make any decisions at the moment. I would just wait and see how you feel about things once things settle. If you can give Rupert plenty of distractions that might help him. When we lost Frosty, Fern enjoyed a willow tunnel, treat balls and chill and chew mats.

Sending more hugs xx

I agree with this. Take some time before rushing into any decisions and then perhaps contact some Rescues to see if they have any hard to rehome Rabbits who you could offer to long term Foster.

Failing that you may be able to rehome Rupert to someone who would be happy to keep in touch with you regularly. I have even known of situations whereby a person could go to visit the Bunny they had to rehome. I know that is not the same as keeping the Bunny though. I just wanted to mention the possibility.

Thank you all,

Zoobec - we have given Rups the duplo - he loves throwing it around, my son has been making lines of upside down duplo which Rups picks up and moves. He is outside in my garden (not his own) most of the day. J&B gave him some posh hay he has that too.

Graciee - thank you, you wrote exactly how I am feeling, hugs to you too, you must miss Penelope dreadfully.

Jacks Jane - thank you I will contact Rabbit Rescue North West regarding foster.

I’m glad that Rupert is enjoying the duplo :love: he sounds such a character :love: I hope you can find a solution that is best for you and for Rupert too. A foster sounds a good idea.

Back