Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: home dried hay

Looks lovely. Are my Rabbits weird in that they prefer hay that is a year old

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

thanks everyone. JJ my bunnies all time favourite is 2018 batch from timothyhay.co.uk. Maybe its like fine wine - gets better as it ages

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Maybe its like fine wine - gets better as it ages
    Rather like me

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Wise Old Thumper

Could it be that grass gets softer when it become hay and then even softer as the hay gets older? Tui likes stalky hay, but she refuses all types of stalky grass, prefering the small pieces of cut green grass leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Could it be that grass gets softer when it become hay and then even softer as the hay gets older? Tui likes stalky hay, but she refuses all types of stalky grass, prefering the small pieces of cut green grass leaves.
    Not sure. Over the years I have spent a fortune on posh hays only to find that every Rabbit has preferred the much cheaper baled hay. One exception, at the moment anyway, is this one

https://www.hoptoforage.co.uk/produc...ended-hay-bale

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Not sure. Over the years I have spent a fortune on posh hays only to find that every Rabbit has preferred the much cheaper baled hay. One exception, at the moment anyway, is this one

that looks really nice. i like the idea of timothy & rye together.

I think rye grass is the ziggedy zaggedy grass I spoke of earlier. I've still not learnt many

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post

Mine love the 2018 Timothyhay.co.uk hay too, but do love stalky as well and weirdly I've noticed the stalky hay upsets Atticus less than the softer 2018 hay! Idk why that'd be tho.

Mine love that tiny bale you linked, they love all the plain blends and the forage topped ones! Apricot broke into one of the packages recently that I'd not put in the plastic box yet, it was such a mess

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Recent batch is predominantly timothy
    [IMG][/IMG]

Got some ziggedy zaggedy grass dried on its own but now need to gather specific varieties on their own so I can test properly which they like best. Help ! I have far too much time on my hands
    That looks sooo nice!