• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

home dried hay

thanks everyone. JJ my bunnies all time favourite is 2018 batch from timothyhay.co.uk. Maybe its like fine wine - gets better as it ages

Could it be that grass gets softer when it become hay and then even softer as the hay gets older? Tui likes stalky hay, but she refuses all types of stalky grass, prefering the small pieces of cut green grass leaves.

Could it be that grass gets softer when it become hay and then even softer as the hay gets older? Tui likes stalky hay, but she refuses all types of stalky grass, prefering the small pieces of cut green grass leaves.

Not sure. Over the years I have spent a fortune on posh hays only to find that every Rabbit has preferred the much cheaper baled hay. One exception, at the moment anyway, is this one

https://www.hoptoforage.co.uk/product-page/4x-micro-timothy-rye-grass-blended-hay-bale

Not sure. Over the years I have spent a fortune on posh hays only to find that every Rabbit has preferred the much cheaper baled hay. One exception, at the moment anyway, is this one

https://www.hoptoforage.co.uk/product-page/4x-micro-timothy-rye-grass-blended-hay-bale
Mine love the 2018 Timothyhay.co.uk hay too, but do love stalky as well and weirdly I've noticed the stalky hay upsets Atticus less than the softer 2018 hay! Idk why that'd be tho.

Mine love that tiny bale you linked, they love all the plain blends and the forage topped ones! Apricot broke into one of the packages recently that I'd not put in the plastic box yet, it was such a mess [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Recent batch is predominantly timothy :love:
46Pe2swl.jpg
[/IMG]

Got some ziggedy zaggedy grass dried on its own but now need to gather specific varieties on their own so I can test properly which they like best. Help ! I have far too much time on my hands
That looks sooo nice! [emoji7]

Back