• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

when will the boyz fight?

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
hi my three boys who live together at the moment are just over 10 wks old, at what age do they start to fight because i need to know when to separate them, i hate separating them cause they will all have to live alone till they are old enough for neutering :( . but rather this than them start to fight!

thanks

They might not.
Most vets will neuter boys at 16 weeks aslong as their testicles are down.
So if they are ok up until then and you do them as soon as you can then you may find that they will continue to live as a group.
Just keep an eye on them for any bite marks down their backs.

but i also have four does living with them in the same shed so have been told them will probably start to fight and as i cant always see them i am wondering if it will be safer to separate?

Wait and see is good advice if they are done very youny [ keep cheking them for testicals] sometimes they will get on, but its very hit and miss as sometimes 2 gils can start to fight once they are mature, ive had many does come in to rescue because they have started to fight. The best pairing is always a buck and a doe. val

Back