• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

question on tarpaulin colour and keeping cool

The tarp is on and it does look cool! I didn't expect it to quite look like it does, I thought it would be a greyish colour. Also, it's not waterproof, it has holes in it, so I placed on top of the existing tarp.

It's very bright silver and I think it could be spotted from the moon!! The neighbours already think I'm mad, this will clinch it! When there is no one looking I'll crawl inside and see how cool it is :lol:

The tarp is on and it does look cool! I didn't expect it to quite look like it does, I thought it would be a greyish colour. Also, it's not waterproof, it has holes in it, so I placed on top of the existing tarp.

It's very bright silver and I think it could be spotted from the moon!! The neighbours already think I'm mad, this will clinch it! When there is no one looking I'll crawl inside and see how cool it is :lol:

They aren't waterproof because they are designed to let the airflow with as little restriction as possible, this helps with taking heat out of the shaded area too, so unless you desperately want it to be waterproof I'd suggest using it on it's own. You'll lose some of the effect on top of a tarp which will trap hot air underneath.

I thoroughly tested mine with it being to use for the dog in the car/van - and as for the moon, my first one was big enough to cover my entire campervan with the roof up too, it really could be seen from the moon!!

They aren't waterproof because they are designed to let the airflow with as little restriction as possible, this helps with taking heat out of the shaded area too, so unless you desperately want it to be waterproof I'd suggest using it on it's own. You'll lose some of the effect on top of a tarp which will trap hot air underneath.
!

I didn't think about that, although they have plenty of airflow anyway as it's on a run a lot of it is still exposed. If I took the underneath tarp off I think they would have less shade as they tarp provides shade that's the only thing.

I didn't think about that, although they have plenty of airflow anyway as it's on a run a lot of it is still exposed. If I took the underneath tarp off I think they would have less shade as they tarp provides shade that's the only thing.

The aluminet does provide great shade I promise! They'll probably be cooler without the tarp.

Hi, I did take the tarps off and just use the aluminet, unfortunately as it is so sunny (no shade in afternoon), the light filtered through.

I've put one tarp back on underneath. They still have plenty of air circulation as the run is quite tall.

Hi, I did take the tarps off and just use the aluminet, unfortunately as it is so sunny (no shade in afternoon), the light filtered through.

I've put one tarp back on underneath. They still have plenty of air circulation as the run is quite tall.

Back