• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfie- German Shepherd Dog 23/11/2008 - 03/06/2021

Zoobec

Staff member
Alfie came to us as a puppy, he was the result of an accidental litter. He was very tiny when we got him, but soon grew into a big dog. Him and Holly our border collie were inseparable, until we lost her 2 months ago. He has spent lots of time with us since, and enjoyed being the centre of attention.

Until a couple of weeks ago he didn’t even act as if he was old. His last day was a nice one for him, he had a nice walk and chicken and rice for breakfast.

He died peacefully laid in the shade in the garden yesterday, and we took him to the local pet crematorium.

He’s always been a loyal dog and we shall miss him dreadfully :cry:

Run free at the bridge with Holly, Alfie xxxx

A couple of photos, this one was him just after we lost Holly
E9F5LTg.jpg

And this one is taken in the garden the day before he died. He was wearing the collar to stop him over grooming a lump he had.

JIcdSbs.png

And this is him and Holly September 2020
kS9Wg2u.jpg

Last edited:
They are so beautiful, you have been a wonderful family to them. I realize this even when I look at their pictures. You had a great life with them and now they sleep peacefully..

Gorgeous dogs :love: sending lots of love and hugs to you and your family xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, Alfie was so beautiful. That photo of him and Holly together is so lovely. :love: Still keeping you in my thoughts as you grieve for him, Zoobec.

Thankyou everyone :wave: we are struggling but coping as best as we can, I had to come in to work today and I’m feeling dizzy because I’ve not slept well and I’m feeling very sad. But on the other hand, I’m happy that he didn’t suffer and didn’t struggle. He was always such a happy dog :love:

I am sorry he left you so quickly, yet glad he was able to enjoy life until a peaceful end. He looks so good in his last photo that it is hard to believe he was gone.Hugs.

Yes he looked a happy dog, that's how he looks in his last photo, what a wonderful way for him to go to forever sleep. So sorry it happened though Zoobec, you have had your share of heartbreak of late, sending you the biggest hug, and sweet dreams Alfie xxx

Back