• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Separating Lily and Rory - U/Date 02.09.21

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Lily will be 10 tomorrow and I got her when she was 8 weeks old so maybe this is why Rory has started to bully Lily as he detects a weakness in her. She has never been ill, always quite feisty but this year she has displayed more neurotic behaviour than ever. She has always been an over-reactionary rabbit but she has been worse this year with more thumping and acting scared. I split them up about 8 weeks ago but put them back together and they were ok but this time I am going to keep them separate. Rory used to bully the boy he lived with in his previous home, so I am not sure what to do. He is quite a big boy so needs a reasonable amount of space. He is 4 now. I would consider re-homing him if the right home came along.

Last edited:
Oh sorry to hear this Tonibun, but you always act in your bunnies best interests. I hope Lily can enjoy her 10th birthday bless her. Good luck with them both xx

I’m sorry you’ve had to split them up. I hope that you can come up with a solution that works out for them. I hope that Lily enjoys her birthday :love:

I'm sorry tonibun :( You know and understand your rabbits well. I think if there's a solution, you will find it.

You have my sympathy. I have had to split Dusty and Snowflake. Snowflake will be 9 in November and Dusty will be 7 in October. Snowflake has been sneezing these last few days which could have contributed to their fall out.

Hope you find a good solution for your two.

Sorry to hear they have fallen out. I hope Lily enjoys her birthday. It's a good age for a bunny [emoji4] x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Maybe you can make an enclosure so they can see each other but not touch at all? They will still benefit from naturally having another bunt around x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have put Lily and Rory back together as Rory is looking very sad and has stopped eating! :roll: Let's hope he behaves himself!

I had to separate these 2 again as Lily didn't look too happy with Rory and I did catch him nipping her posterior once! She has always been a happy Bunny and I didn't want her last year(s) to be living in fear so I separated them. I had just lost Daisy who lived with Charlie so I bonded them and Lily is much more relaxed now. Not very fair on Charlie as this is the second old lady he has been put with but he is a lovely Rabbit and he just accepts everything. I do have a young Bunny for Charlie but she hasn't been spayed yet and he still lived with Daisy when I got her. Rory is now on his own for now.

I'm sorry you've had to separate Lily and Rory again. I'm glad she's much more relaxed with Charlie now, at least. I'm so sorry you lost Daisy :(

Back