Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you use Infacol?

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    its just no fun on ere anymore

Body autonomy, freedom of choice and informed consent
    https://nhs100k.com/

I used to be ĎJackís-Janeí but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !

I used it in the past, yet no longer do. Some say it does not hurt, yet there may be harm if it delays proven treatments. I also wonder if we know how enough about how it interacts with medications.

Allow me to add my thoughts on another issue-the use of pineapple juice for ingested fur is another NO for me. It was many years ago that I used it with disasterous results.

I bought some once, got it ready to give when one of my rabbits was showing signs of stasis, and then got so paranoid that I threw the whole lot away unused!

Mama Doe

Thanks for your responses everyone, I didn't realise it was such a controversial topic I just read about it last week when Hamilton had stasis, and had never heard of it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Beapig View Post
    Thanks for your responses everyone, I didn't realise it was such a controversial topic I just read about it last week when Hamilton had stasis, and had never heard of it before.
    I think the message is that Infacol is unlikely to do any harm but equally it is unlikely to do any good. The problem is if people try to treat gut stasis themselves using OTC remedies rather than consulting a Vet at the earliest opportunity. Not suggesting that you would do so, but I know it does happen.

Body autonomy, freedom of choice and informed consent
    https://nhs100k.com/

I used to be ĎJackís-Janeí but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !

Iíve had a bunny vet tell me to use infacol before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
    I’ve had a bunny vet tell me to use infacol before

When I asked my vet a couple years ago, I was told not to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    When I asked my vet a couple years ago, I was told not to use it.
    Interesting.

This vet was a silver bunny vet on the RWAF list and had rabbits herself at home.

When Odin was a baby he ate a small piece of lettuce and then proceeded to sit uncomfortably with a belly ache and was real bloated. I texted her and she said give him a couple drops and see how he is in half hour or so. He looked really bad but he recovered in less than an hour and was fine, thank God.

But I know itís not as simple as whatís right and wrong, some vets may have had good results while others donít approve home remedies. I guess unless thereís studies to draw from we wonít know itís true effects.

This vet actually suggested herbal supplements to help my bunny with chronic snuffles. He was on lots of meds and a nebuliser etc. but taking a while to recover this time. She suggested a few drops of echinacea in drinking water daily. Honestly I feel like it helped (I take it myself and hardly ever catch colds, or they last only a day) but obviously we donít know for sure.

I guess the best thing would be to ask your regular vet.

Very interesting!