• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poorly Joe

I thought of Tulip when we were in there. She kept saying what a dream he was to handle ...thought if you lived (a lot) closer to me if it would be fun to play swicheroo & pretend its the same bunny

:lol: :lol: :lol:
that would be hilarious!

BTW Mike - was meant to go to PO today but it never happened. will send tomorrow

no probs, no rush & i am very grateful :)

Sending Joey lots of vibes . Glad he gifted you a pile of poos after giving you a scare.
Good job getting him prompt care.

Thank You :love:

While I'm here can I just say hooray for Joey. He hasn't needed the vet much in the 9 years we've had him, then today when he needed one it was weekday, during opening hours, on a day Bob was off work (I can't drive) & on Bobs payday too. You don't hear of that level of consideration much in the rabbit world

I hope that Joey is feeling much better by now. And yes, Cisapride works on the hind gut and IME is a far superior prokinetic than metoclopramide. Although both drugs can be used together if necessary :)

While I'm here can I just say hooray for Joey. He hasn't needed the vet much in the 9 years we've had him, then today when he needed one it was weekday, during opening hours, on a day Bob was off work (I can't drive) & on Bobs payday too. You don't hear of that level of consideration much in the rabbit world
Way to go Joey! :love:

Such a considerate boy :D really hope he's had a good night, and hope there's lots of poop this morning x

Joey you are just the most perfect bunny - well done to you.

I'm sorry I missed this yesterday, sending additional "keep eating Joey" vibes towards you
Richard

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

He's still far from right :( Looks miserable & old though not uncomfortable, with very little appetite . i think he is pooing ok though. He really doesn't like syringe feeding. Pain meds not due til 12
i hope it was hairy poop. Because his tummy was empty she (vet) got a good feel & said there was nothing sinister she could tell by physical exam but it was a consideration owing to his age. His teeth were mildly spurry but not anything she thought needed attention which is what vets always seem to say when they look in his mouth. It came on really suddenly which is why i though digestive upset rather than dental or scary stuff.

Jj- thanks. she said they only started using cisparide when they couldn't get their usual (covid / brexit?) but stuck with it as saw much better results

thanks everyone for thinking of him

kx9CEUYl.jpg

2Oxvb7wl.jpg

I'm sending Joey all of the vibes. I really really hope he feels better soon <3 xxxx

Edit as we posted at exactly the same time - to say that it wouldn't surprise me if it's fur related. Especially looking at his poops with the stringiness.

I think I would be reassured by the sight of that poop and would be thinking that was the cause. The strands between individual poops are quite thick aren't they. I hope he picks up soon.

Not long now to pain meds, Joey :)

First syringe feed didn't go great - he's no Rudey.
Syringing is the worst for me. Aboleth was so obliging when she was on her last legs :love: I'm forever grateful that we caught Chibbs' hypothermia so early that she basically just needed a kick-start from the gut meds & fluids and was eating before we left the vets!

I thought of Tulip when we were in there. She kept saying what a dream he was to handle ...thought if you lived (a lot) closer to me if it would be fun to play swicheroo & pretend its the same bunny
OMG yes please with videos :lol:

Hope he perks up a bit today, more back to normal. If he's not been unwell before it might be all a bit new for him :love: I found that Aboleth got more fur-poos than Lopsy (and had more mini-episodes of belly-pressing, looking uncomfy etc.), Lopsy has long fur and I've always assumed that's normal for lops, so their guts might be a bit better adapted for long fur? Whereas shorter furred uppy ear companions get it stuck...? i suspect that's not really the case but it was my experience with Aboleth-Lopsy, whereas Chibbs who has longer fur seems to be alright!

I've also noticed Chibbs eats a LOT less pellets around moult time so maybe she knows?

I'm sorry I missed this yesterday and that Joey is still not 100% right. Hopefully he will start to pick up a bit after his next dose of pain meds. If he's anything like Snoopy, he may take an extra day or so to get back to normal.

Back