Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thinking of getting a giant continental rabbit

Those ears . Beautiful quad.

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Bonding a third Rabbit of any size into an established pair of Does will be a big challenge. Whilst it might work out you need to be prepared for a worst case scenario - that the third Rabbit causes the bond between the pair to break down leaving you with three single Rabbits who hate each other.

I have kept Rabbits for 25 years, personally I would not attempt to bond a third Rabbit with a pair of Does. Doe/Doe bonds are always the most fragile at the best of times. Others may disagree with me though.
    Thats very true I once rescued a Flemish giant doe and it didn't go to well when I put her with my bonded does, they would always bully her then she ends up in the corner to scared to run about and enjoy herself during play time. My two does were very wild and could get aggressive when they wanted to where as the Flemish giant was very gentle. She ended up living in the dinning room with a large dog create that she slept in and she got the room to herself while the other two does played outside and had there own hutch.