Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of getting a giant continental rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Livvie View Post

Odin is like a dog - he’s very trainable and loves people. Have had trouble bonding him however as he’s so different to the others. He’s very cuddly with people though. His behaviours crack me up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    He is beautiful. RSPCA Walsall are currently looking for homes for some hares. Though, why is he wearing a harness?

Default Thinking of getting a giant continental rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by TheBee View Post
    why is he wearing a harness?
    He prefers the booster seat for car journeys. Pic was taken when i took him in and tried a new harness as heís too big for his bunny one. Heís honestly so different to other bunnies which i would never use a harness. I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this one sorry.

Iím on a Belgian hare group and a lot of people use them on there too. Not that that makes it right or wrong though x

Last edited by Livvie; 30-05-2021 at 11:55 AM.

But i must say Iím not encouraging anyone else to use a harness. Itís important to know the risks and make a decision for yourself x

Quote Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
    But i must say I’m not encouraging anyone else to use a harness. It’s important to know the risks and make a decision for yourself x

I have three Belgian hares here at the moment and agree they are different to other bunnies. I could still never use a harness on them, but if you’re happy doing so then so be it.

Itís been a while since Iíve been around but decided to update on the possibly getting a conti situation.

We now have a quad with my girls who we already had and then I got my first conti Shade ( black ) and we fell so hard in love with him we got his brother Rio ( agouti ) six weeks later as he kept being returned through no fault of his own.

In the beginning I had the boys in separate rooms away from the girls. They were neutered and both recovered wonderfully. We bonded just before Christmas and it was so comical. When they all saw each other for the first time they stared at each other in what looked like shock and were saying you call these rabbits. We had a few days of humping and chasing but then it settled down and from there it went like a dream with no troubles at all not even from Beauty who I was expecting to put a spanner in the works at some point. 5 months later and they are still together without issue. Beauty has even mellowed around the boys and the bond has gone from strength to strength between all four.

Theyíve just turned a year old and and itís been amazing watching the boys develop their personalityís and grow. Itís also been really good to see the girls get on much better.

Here are some pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge congratulations on your beautiful & quirky bunny quad

Iím glad it all worked out well

That's really good news, they are all so beautiful x
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Thank you every one.

I love just sitting on the floor with them giving strokes and just watching them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the litter box hay rack and also bun in top each other pic

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES