• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone built or dismantled a P@H Bluebell Hutch XL 6'?

Shimmer

Warren Veteran
As per the title - looking for advice on how it's built so I can dismantle one to transport it, and then obviously rebuild it. I've not seen it yet and need to go prepared. Can't find anything online for the 6' one, only the 5' version. It looks like 2x 3' hutches screwed together, rather than one long frontage.

So does anyone have any hints & tips, tools needed etc?

I haven't but I have assembled a Home and Roost 6ft hutch which looks to be the same principle (having just studied P@H images. There's a centre frame which is basically the same as the end pieces but without the cladding. With the Home and Roost hutches everything is just screwed in at the sides. the 5ft Bluebell has the back panel attached flat on the back rather than inserted panels as do the H&R hutches plus some of the other P@H hutches, the 6ft ones made of 'wood' rather than Chinese fir wood (Don't know how else to explain that) but they are probably made by H&R from my observations on how similar the construction is).

I think with a lot of the studier hutches such as Happy Hutch the floor was attached from the bottom whereas a lot of the other flat pack ones the panels are attached from inside on supports.

I don't think you will have any bother, it will be really straightforward. re tools - I would guess you will only need a screwdriver.

Last edited:
Back