• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pooing on the sofa- How rude!!

Hels

New Kit
Hi there

Humphrey is a very naughty bunny, he keeps jumping on our sofa and pooing there! :evil: He is castrated and litter trained and the sofa is the only other place he poops. He did it before he was neutered but has not done it since until recently (he was castrated 2.5 months ago). He tends to poo on the side my husband sits on, so I would think its a dominance issue but I thought that that kind of thing dissapated after neutering. (I know the hormones etc hang around for a while after but surely 2 months is enough time!) I really don't think he has lost his litter box training so I am stumped, any suggestions??

I must just say thank you to those who replied when I had a problem with him thumping all night, Tamsin especially was very helpful with the bunnymail link, he has so much stuff in his cage to keep him entertained he doesn't have time to thump!! (good job his cage is enormous!) and I can finally get some sleep (although with wax earplugs in I wouldn't know if he thumps now!!)

One day I will have some useful advice for someone else!!

Many thanks
Helen

I have read somewhere it also shows they like the person it smells of - like a bunnies calling card it says I have been here and I like you! Tell your hubby it is a compliment the next time he sits on some ;)!

I don't know how to train him out of it though.

Caz

Caz said:
Tell your hubby it is a compliment the next time he sits on some ;)!

Caz

:lol: :lol: Thanks, I'll be sure to pass that on, he'll be thrilled :wink: :wink: good job the pellets are dry eh?

Hi Hels,

Maybe you could try some of the pet behave spray for puppies and kittens, on your sofa, that should keep him off.

They hate the smell.

Hope this helps

Hels said:
he has so much stuff in his cage to keep him entertained he doesn't have time to thump!! (good job his cage is enormous!) and I can finally get some sleep (although with wax earplugs in I wouldn't know if he thumps now!!)

Aww, thats great news! I'm glad he's having fun and your managing to get some shuteye :D

Do you usually see him doing it? If so that makes it easier. So no firmly as soon as his gets in position and spray him with water using one of those plant sprays. If he ignores the water then say no and lift him down and away from the sofa...no cuddles/nose rubs though you don't want to reward him.

You could try getting his own bit of vetbed and putting it over the seat in that spot, then when your husband sits down he can move it so they can both have the place to sit with their own smell :roll:

Tam

Caz said:
I have read somewhere it also shows they like the person it smells of - like a bunnies calling card it says I have been here and I like you! Caz

oooh that's interesting, Pie must love our dog Meg because he constantly poos in her bed.

lol PAm

awww I did not know any of this, Rusty used to come to me and poo next to me in the beginning before he got loo trained...

Back