Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New bunny

Default New bunny

Hi all. New bunny joined she is a mini lop doe and had her 2 days now. She has been drinking, eating plenty of hay and her morning food bowl has been grazed on. Seems to have already mastered the litter box. Iíd post a photo but canít see how to upload she is mostly white with a splattering of grey or brown I canít quite tell near her rear end.

I want her spayed but believe she needs to be 6 months, I know opposite sexes make best pairing but donít want to put buck with her until she has had the op donít want any accidents. Her friend will be in a separate cage/environment until both have had their ops so that will be a long journey.

Other than that still a bit of a noob when it comes to buns. Have had them before and all but you learn all the time.

Welcome to thw wonderful (& complex) world of bunny ownership. Your bunny sounds lovely & well settled. Yes for does it is normally around 6 months for spaying but a savvy rabbit vet is your best guide. Make sure she has her vaccs too. You sound like you've thought things through & done your research. Another option would be to adopt a young male from a rescue & that way you could have them all ready to bond when she's recovered from her spay. Not only are there an ever increasing number of rabbits in rescue so you're doing rabbit kind a huge favour but also its so much easier, less stressful & cheaper to adopt a bunny that is already vaccinated, neutered, has a known tempement & medical history.

I hope you have fun here

She sounds lovely.

I'm a newbie too, very happy to be in such a warm environment!

Quote Originally Posted by typhil01 View Post
    welcome

Welcome from me and Mr Chief my french lop. Hope you find this site as helpful and supportive as I have. We are a friendly and non-judgemental bunch here!

Can't wait to see pic of your bunny. She sounds pretty x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by twistedtiggerz69; 18-05-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloise_MiniLop View Post
    Hi all. New bunny joined she is a mini lop doe and had her 2 days now. She has been drinking, eating plenty of hay and her morning food bowl has been grazed on. Seems to have already mastered the litter box. Iíd post a photo but canít see how to upload she is mostly white with a splattering of grey or brown I canít quite tell near her rear end.

I want her spayed but believe she needs to be 6 months, I know opposite sexes make best pairing but donít want to put buck with her until she has had the op donít want any accidents. Her friend will be in a separate cage/environment until both have had their ops so that will be a long journey.

Other than that still a bit of a noob when it comes to buns. Have had them before and all but you learn all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by typhil01 View Post
    Hello, and welcome to the forum thereís a sticky thread on how to post photos http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...to-Post-Photos

Welcome to the forum

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper

A very warm welcome to you both

Hello and a very warm welcome to you and your bunnies. You certainly sound like you have got bunny parenting sorted. Please feel free to contribute to the various threads that you enjoy and you’ll get to learn about everyone here and their bunny adventures.
    Craig xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES