Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Protexin (Mousey's poops)

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Yea I've been thinking this lately, I know I've got two rexes with sensitive guts so maybe my view is skewed somewhat, but I think bunny diets need to be a lot more simple. Even Apricot has a pretty simple diet, basically just loads of hay and she has some dill daily because she'd murder me if I didn't.. And some forage, nothing too complicated though, I used to feed a lot more stuff but I'm thinking simpler is better tbh. Do give her veggie scraps too daily when Evelyn has veggies, but nowhere near the sheer amount I used to buy just for the buns!
    I also agree, we've never really bought anything for ours (just offcuts, peels etc.) and apart from Buttons' incident, we've never had an issue with forage and hay. And pellets for those obsessed (everybun now except Chibbs!).
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Mousey poop (& diet) update. She has been on the hay of her dreams (I tried so many types over the past 2 years I'd lost faith it existed) for about a week. She still loves her forage too. Past few days (following recent weight loss she can't afford to lose) we've tried her on SS grain free nuggets & hasn't had a poopy bum. So far she has only gained 100g but its less than a week in so early days. Her cecos look good & she is insistent every speck is hand fed back to her Her regular poos are better & are speckled with hay glints.

Its so much less stressful having her eat like a normal pet bun, if not like a wildie. Reassuring too as come winter i just can't get much fresh forage

Movement wise she can hop using both her legs (it looks terrible) but the withered one does drag under her sometimes when she is resting or in the litter tray - this means it gets soaked in wee. Managed to avoid urine scold so far but worried about the risk. So many foot baths were not ideal for her matt inclined fur either. Anyway Bob ordered some vet wrap type stuff in various sizes (colours & patterns). For the past few days we've been carefully putting one on her foot (heel & toes exposed) & round her little chicken leg. This is working fab so far - really pleased

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Mousey poop (& diet) update. She has been on the hay of her dreams (I tried so many types over the past 2 years I'd lost faith it existed) for about a week. She still loves her forage too. Past few days (following recent weight loss she can't afford to lose) we've tried her on SS grain free nuggets & hasn't had a poopy bum. So far she has only gained 100g but its less than a week in so early days. Her cecos look good & she is insistent every speck is hand fed back to her Her regular poos are better & are speckled with hay glints.

Its so much less stressful having her eat like a normal pet bun, if not like a wildie. Reassuring too as come winter i just can't get much fresh forage

Movement wise she can hop using both her legs (it looks terrible) but the withered one does drag under her sometimes when she is resting or in the litter tray - this means it gets soaked in wee. Managed to avoid urine scold so far but worried about the risk. So many foot baths were not ideal for her matt inclined fur either. Anyway Bob ordered some vet wrap type stuff in various sizes (colours & patterns). For the past few days we've been carefully putting one on her foot (heel & toes exposed) & round her little chicken leg. This is working fab so far - really pleased
    Oh bless her, she is such a little trooper isn't she ? I love that she wants hand feeding you deserve whatever you want Mousie. Well done Bob, and so pleased it's helping her. She is an amazing bun, and really couldn't wish for better care xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

That sounds like a positive update. I'm so glad she has the hay of her dreams and is doing well on the grain free nuggets and has gained a bit of weight back, and that you won't have to worry about not having enough to feed her in winter. What a great service, too, having her cecos hand-fed to her. That's wonderful that the vet wrap around her foot and leg is keeping her clean and dry, too. That's a great idea. Considering her health issues, it sounds like sweet Mousey is doing really well and has the most comfortable bunny life.
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Iím glad she is doing well under your excellent care

I bet she's really happy too Hope the good diet and good-enough health continues for her
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Thank You everybun. She's a good girl