Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Protexin (Mousey's poops)

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Yea it's a really thick walled plastic tub, it's got an annoying lid too, which you have to make sure is really shut I have loads of them in my greenhouse you can drill drainage holes in the bottom, or store stuff like plant labels in them sharpie writes on them nicely too
    Sounds just like my eczema cream tub! Bloomin' useless, but the cream lasts 2.5yrs so i don't feel guilty about popping it in the recycling, although I did use one for wipes for a while.
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Alpha Buck

You can buy plantain seeds and grow it for her? I also get huge bags of ribwort plantain from Nature's Grub that my guys absolutely adore, happy to send a sample (it might get there this time!!). I also have grass pellets, both plain and with herbs and stuff - I can give you the ingredients - if you want to try any. They are horse feed so if she likes them and eats them they are very cheap to feed if you store them properly. You might find she likes grass pellets better than hay pellets, mine turn their noses up at hay cobs.

Mama Doe

Quote Originally Posted by dollyanna View Post
    You can buy plantain seeds and grow it for her? I also get huge bags of ribwort plantain from Nature's Grub that my guys absolutely adore, happy to send a sample (it might get there this time!!). I also have grass pellets, both plain and with herbs and stuff - I can give you the ingredients - if you want to try any. They are horse feed so if she likes them and eats them they are very cheap to feed if you store them properly. You might find she likes grass pellets better than hay pellets, mine turn their noses up at hay cobs.
    I would be interested in knowing about the grass pellets dollyanna. With having 11 buns I buy a 20kg bag of Allen & page and mix in a bag of pets at home month nuggets. I would love to try something different. they have the highest amount of to bed on a 20kg bag. Do you get them from an online shop?

Quote Originally Posted by dollyanna View Post
    We have a little growing in the 'garden' & I harvested loads of seeds last autumn - I've put them everywhere so hopefully they'll grow . There are places I can get nice ribwort but they are further out than my normal areas (though I get bits here & there as it grows in wall cracks etc). Herby nuggets sound good - I'd like some more info on those please

I use protexin profibre for Walli, he has problems with cecal dysbiosis and frequent gut stasis. He only tolerates hay and dried herbage. Since starting with profibre his cecal dysbiosis is better I think! I only give about 10 per day and he isn't on any other pellet.

Just a thought on her water intake; have you tried bowls of different materials (metal,ceramic,plastic)?
    Walli only wants to drink from a metal bowl

Also I agree with previous posts, the herbage I have found highest in fibre is greater plantain, about 23 percent in the dried one I order from the hay experts.
    Last edited by Walli; 26-04-2021 at 09:59 PM.

J&B, I've got some greater/broadleaf plantain mini plants (2yrs old) if you want me to pop them up (post or car, depending on my schedule)?
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Walli View Post
    I use protexin profibre for Walli, he has problems with cecal dysbiosis and frequent gut stasis. He only tolerates hay and dried herbage. Since starting with profibre his cecal dysbiosis is better I think! I only give about 10 per day and he isn't on any other pellet.

Just a thought on her water intake; have you tried bowls of different materials (metal,ceramic,plastic)?
    Walli only wants to drink from a metal bowl

Also I agree with previous posts, the herbage I have found highest in fibre is greater plantain, about 23 percent in the dried one I order from the hay experts.
    Her cecals are actually good these days (I know as she has mobility issues & can't always get to them so I'm a little too well acquainted with them ). Do you think this will help her regular poop. Thats great to have my hunch confirmed about plantain. Thank You. What are your thoughts about increasing her dried forage (I dry loads myself, its a varied selection) - she doesn't have much ATM

I'll try a change of bowl. She has had the same one for years though. I have put a second one on a raised section of her space in case it was hurting her neck bending down.

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    J&B, I've got some greater/broadleaf plantain mini plants (2yrs old) if you want me to pop them up (post or car, depending on my schedule)?
    This is a super kind offer but what do Chibbs & Lopsy say ?

My dear Spenser was once prescribed profibre pellets. He decided they should be served for his supper every night for the rest of his days and would often grab and run off with the scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Her cecals are actually good these days (I know as she has mobility issues & can't always get to them so I'm a little too well acquainted with them ). Do you think this will help her regular poop. Thats great to have my hunch confirmed about plantain. Thank You. What are your thoughts about increasing her dried forage (I dry loads myself, its a varied selection) - she doesn't have much ATM

I'll try a change of bowl. She has had the same one for years though. I have put a second one on a raised section of her space in case it was hurting her neck bending down.
    I don't think it has helped his regular poop directly. But I think it has helped a bit "indirectly". His gut is feeling better now which has lead to his appetite increasing so he eats more hay and the poops are therefore better. But if Mousey doesn't need the added probiotics perhaps fibafirst is better as it
    is higher in fibre.

Maybe try increasing dried forage a bit as long as it doesn't result in her eating even less hay?
    Maybe try oat or wheat hay?