Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Protexin (Mousey's poops)

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    I used Pro Fibre for Bigwig when she wasn't eating hay due to her poor breathing, the exotic vet gave it the ok and it did seem to make her poops bigger/more normal looking. Hope you find something that works
    That's encouraging - thanks Liz

Wise Old Thumper

I'd be wary tbh and would definitely try FibaFirst. I'd also want to do a trial of Bramble leaves I think and you should be able to get them clean by picking higher up off the ground. Greater Plantain always looks full of fibre. The Vetcare Plus sticks were in my view almost identical to FibaFirst.

I used to give Treacle pro fibre as she wasn't a big hay eater, she loved it. I get what you mean about the tubs though, I used the first few for storing stuff in, but ended up having to throw the others
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I'd be wary tbh and would definitely try FibaFirst. I'd also want to do a trial of Bramble leaves I think and you should be able to get them clean by picking higher up off the ground. Greater Plantain always looks full of fibre. The Vetcare Plus sticks were in my view almost identical to FibaFirst.
    I do get her brambles daily & feed first as they are not her fave, she'll only eat so many though. Thanks for your thoughts Omi. It would be nice to address this "naturally".

I'm convinced she won't eat the fibrafirst but she may surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    I used to give Treacle pro fibre as she wasn't a big hay eater, she loved it. I get what you mean about the tubs though, I used the first few for storing stuff in, but ended up having to throw the others
    Thanks PM, I remember now you used them on Treacle bun She had a bit of a sensitive tum if I remember correctly?

Plan. Try & get more plantain, feed more brambles, try fibra first & if no improvement after several days I'll bring out the big plastic gun

Has she ever tried compressed pure hay pellets? Dennis didnít drink a lot either but used to pee. The forage must be adequate

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    Has she ever tried compressed pure hay pellets? Dennis didn’t drink a lot either but used to pee. The forage must be adequate
    No - I tried her on the haybox foragey ones. She wasn't too impressed in the end. I wonder if dried forage would have different effect as J&B poo better on dried forage & hay than fresh

I'm just back from foraging & now she has her own bag so I can up her ratio of plantain, brambles & grass. This is actually a much better system as I don't dry grass & cow parsley but do pick them to feed fresh

Wise Old Thumper

I would also drench the forage in water, as more hydration might help.

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I only guessed cos viovet kept trying to offer me it as an alternative - quite a bit lower in fibre though. Thanks for the offer of sending some but I reckon I'll go for Protexin ..unless anyone advises against . Thing I hate about protexin is the hard plastic tub
    Yeaa, Atticus eats so so so much hay it's mad, so I'm not too worried about fibre tbh for him.

Yea it's a really thick walled plastic tub, it's got an annoying lid too, which you have to make sure is really shut I have loads of them in my greenhouse you can drill drainage holes in the bottom, or store stuff like plant labels in them sharpie writes on them nicely too

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I would also drench the forage in water, as more hydration might help.
    Yea I'd do this, we used to do this for Clementines veg it really helped