• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus and Clementine stasis.

Poor boy, he sounds so uncomfortable. :( It does sound horrible watching him squeak like that. :( I hope the painkillers will help him be more comfortable. Lots of feel-better vibes for him.

Thanks everyone. Yeaa he's been weird and on and off food and being really ill for days now, Idk what's going on tbh, his stomach is nice a squishy but he's laying out uncomfortably lots and flopping (the bad kind). Normally it means he needs to pass something but Idk this time and now we've got broccoli added to the mix [emoji849]

I'm hoping these painkillers help :( was horrible watching him squeak whilst passing something :(

Can you do sub q fluids? You do not have to do as often as iv fluids so can give more at once and he will absorb it as needed as long as he is not critical and does not have heart/lung issues.
When I spoke to my vet recently about the amount of fluid heidi absorbed when she was shedding and straining to pass poo, he told me her cecum could absorb 20-30cc when I first gave it to her.
Sorry your boy is ill. Sending tons of vibes.

Can you do sub q fluids? You do not have to do as often as iv fluids so can give more at once and he will absorb it as needed as long as he is not critical and does not have heart/lung issues.
When I spoke to my vet recently about the amount of fluid heidi absorbed when she was shedding and straining to pass poo, he told me her cecum could absorb 20-30cc when I first gave it to her.
Sorry your boy is ill. Sending tons of vibes.
Yea I can do, I have all the stuff here for it and new unopened fluids. He's nibbling again now and took a treat... But Clementine didn't want a treat and is laying down looking sad... Honestly these buns! Clementine and Atticus will absolutely be the death of me.

Atticus has been like this for days though going backwards and forwards so Idk, painkillers have definitely helped. He's so underweight though, when I picked him up to do meds he feels so boney :( I think he's lost more weight tbh and he was already underweight. Then Clementine is really overweight... Its such a mess!

Atticus looks bad again, so does Clementine.. Idk what the hell has happened :( gunna have to move this to health I think :(

Just given Clementine painkillers too.. As per no exotic cover til Monday.. So that's brilliant.. :(

Could one of them be moulting and affecting both?

Primrose and Rodney used to both struggle with his moults, although its improved a lot lately and I think that might be as Blossom has him drinking more.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I've no ideas but I'm really sorry you've got these stresses again ...& 2 of them :(
I've noticed Clementine squatting and only drips coming out again [emoji849] why do my buns always picked the weekend to get really sick or have a accident? :(

Could one of them be moulting and affecting both?

Primrose and Rodney used to both struggle with his moults, although its improved a lot lately and I think that might be as Blossom has him drinking more.

Clementine is mounting, which does sometimes cause her issues, but she also has bladder sludge issues so Idk tbh

Atticus is nibbling hay again, he's a bit different because he has major gut issues all the time, and has frequent episodes unfortunately

Late to all this, but your mention of Clemantine spotting wee sounds like cystitis/ bladder sludge. Really sorry that both Rabbits are unwell again :cry:

Mine choose long weekends when no exotic cover also. That is when I am thankful I have emergency meds and supplies.
You must be so stressed, yet you got this Graciee. Sending vibes for everyone.

Really sorry to hear that both Atticus and Clementine are not doing too well at the moment. Sending loads of vibes for them both, and big hug for you Graciee x

Late to all this, but your mention of Clemantine spotting wee sounds like cystitis/ bladder sludge. Really sorry that both Rabbits are unwell again :cry:
Yea she suffers with bladder sludge, we was keeping it under control with lots of wet veggies daily to increase water intake, but then all of a sudden veg started giving her gas and she was in a right state and stopping the veg solved the issue.. Then she started drinking more water which I was pleased with.. But yea - interestingly she also produced simile output to Atticus - this was before they were bonded back together and it was completely out of nowhere.. I'm wondering if it's genetic his issues.

I'm not sure what to do about it, I took her to my vet and then got a second opinion from trinity, no one had any ideas tbh. My vet had one which was to use a human medication as I diuretic, but she was worried about longterm issues it might cause so we only did it for about a month til she naturally cleared the stuff (she's had two bladder flushes, but honestly never again will I put her through those) now William is back, when I spoke to him he said he'd have her on the diuretic long term if it was him, so I said I'd bring her in from another xray (to check amount in bladder, we do this periodically) but then things got tricky again with covid last Xmas and she was okay so I put it off :( now I feel like I've neglected her. She's been doing so well, but I should've took her when things improved a bit.

Thanks everyone, they're both nibbling hay, so idek. There's some poop with hair in it that's been passed so that might be an issue too. I'm so tired Evelyn slept all night and is still asleep now, but I've been downstairs with buns so I don't disturb her and getting up every time Clementine went to her litter tray [emoji38]

Thanks everyone, they're both nibbling hay, so idek. There's some poop with hair in it that's been passed so that might be an issue too. I'm so tired Evelyn slept all night and is still asleep now, but I've been downstairs with buns so I don't disturb her and getting up every time Clementine went to her litter tray [emoji38]
I know that feeling anxiously waiting for them to finish and then inspecting the contents!

Rodney scowls at me these days if I watch him [emoji1787]

Sending vibes that the hair keeps moving through and that munching helps get everything moving nicely x

Back