• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven needs vibes dental 1/10/22 post 232

After his last dental he improved over the week after his dental until he settled into his new normal. He was taken off medicam for less than a week before it went back on his regular schedule.
He is eating slower since christmas and he began a heavy moult several days ago when he was started on metacloprimide to keep things moving.
This morning he was eating pooing,peeing. When I was away at aquafit class spouse gave him dandelion greens I left for him. He would usually eat them quickly, yet he still did not eat them after close to three hours.
I added sub q fluids and gave another dose of motility meds before cleaning poo and pee he made overnight and earlier today. He has dandelion greens and carrot greens now.
He is nibbling hay, yet not eating greens. I am now waiting for fresh poo and pee. He will likely need syringe feeding later.

It seems early for another dental,though possible; , though with his history the huge amounts of moulting fur must be making things worse.

Please send vibes.

Last edited:
Poor boy :( I hope its just a bit of fur and not another dental needed, although no stasis is good :(

Sending you all so many vibes x

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Thanks Jane and Graciee,

Raven peed lots and pooed after meds and fluid. He had few harder/smaller poos, yet rest are better than ones I removed from his area earlier. He ate some carrot greens and nibbled hay before stopping again so he got his medicam a little early.
His poo does not contain visible fur and ,except for a few small ones , they are evenly round; so he may need a dental.

Last edited:
Ah poor Raven :( I hope he doesn't experience the same things again. :( I'm sending so many vibrations for him. Xxxxxxx

Thanks CarelessSquid, Omi, Toribun, Keletkezes, and other friends,

He is nibbling hay and eating some greens. Output poo and pee appropriate with meds/fluids.
I called vet and vet opened a special lunchtime dental slot for Raven on Monday. If it is his teeth causing issue better to address sooner rather than later, and if not his issue we will know.

Back