• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven needs vibes dental 1/10/22 post 232

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Raven is scheduled for a dental tomorrow. Over the weekend he was eating less hay and even ate greens hours after they were given. Sunday his poo was smaller and hard, so he got fluids, motility meds, syringe feeds and medicam. I called vet and they later called back and fit him in tomorrow. I drop him off to technician at 8am and vet will call me later tomorrow. I will need to write out everything for vet because he is doing surgery all day.

When he had his last dental in November it took a long time-weeks-before he was eating normally.

Please send positive vibes.

Last edited:
Poor Raven :( all the vibes I can muster for him that his dental goes well and he recovers quickly and is back to eating and pooping well soon. :love: xxxxx

It is after 2am and I just finished writing up information for the technician to give the vet when I drop him to the vets in the morning. The schedule was too full for me to be able to speak to the vet prior to his procedure.
It is always a worry, yet I hope he will do better than he did after his last dental in November when he required a lot of supportive care following his procedure.

Poor Raven, sending lots of vibes for his dental, and hope he makes a quick recovery this time x

Oh, my heart sank when I read the title of your thread, remembering how long it took him to recover last time... I really hope that this time his recovery will be much, much easier. Sending lots and lots of vibes for Raven. It's too bad that the vet will be too busy for you to talk beforehand, so it's good that you'll have notes for the vet.

Thank you friends. Vet called and Raven was in need of a dental. Like before he had thin, needle-like points on cheek side of uppers and smaller ones on tongue side of lowers. His back teeth are also worn close to the gumline, making it difficult to file smooth.
Vet said he read my notes from his slow recovery in November and reduced his meds.
He is staying at vets for several hours and I hope he will eat the greens or hay I left this morning.

Aw, that must've been uncomfortable. :( I'm glad his spurs are gone now so he can eat more easily. Lots of vibes for him. I really do hope he'll recover more quickly this time.

He came home 6pm yesterday. He was nibbling a tiny amount of hay at vets, yet ignores greens. He was due pain meds when he got home, and after he had time to settle he got syringe feed , fluids, and motility meds since only passed few small poos-likely from not eating enough .
He is picking up hay and chewing each piece for quite a bit longer than usual. Perhaps his teeth feel strange to him and need Raven to customize his bite.
He took syringe feed much better than after his last dental and seems more alert too. He even played with the towel he sat on during his syringe feed-score:towel 0, Raven 100.
He will get another syringe feed before I go to sleep.

Thank you for your support.

He came home 6pm yesterday. He was nibbling a tiny amount of hay at vets, yet ignores greens. He was due pain meds when he got home, and after he had time to settle he got syringe feed , fluids, and motility meds since only passed few small poos-likely from not eating enough .
He is picking up hay and chewing each piece for quite a bit longer than usual. Perhaps his teeth feel strange to him and need Raven to customize his bite.
He took syringe feed much better than after his last dental and seems more alert too. He even played with the towel he sat on during his syringe feed-score:towel 0, Raven 100.
He will get another syringe feed before I go to sleep.

Thank you for your support.
Ooh, that sounds promising? It sounds like he's at least doing better than last time. Sending him lots of vibes!

Back