• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven needs vibes dental 1/10/22 post 232

He ate his greens overnight and got more. He is eating slower and less than he needs to keep his gut moving, so he got some syringe feed to supplement his eating. He also drank water so may not need sub q fluids later.
He is more active and much better than after his last dental, so I am hoping he will eat more on his own in the next few days. At least he tolerates syringe feeds so I can keep his gut moving and energy levels sufficient as he recovers.
Thank you for your support.

Last edited:
That's a great update Bunny momma, really pleased he's doing better after this dental, keep it up Raven xx

Aw, he does really sound much better than last time. I'm so glad for him. And you're taking such good care of him, too, like always. Sending him lots of vibes for his recovery. :love:

Thank you friends. He still needs syringe feeds as he is not eating much and poo is small. He is not as active as I expected so he got more pain meds overnight.
I plan on adding ground pellets to his next critical syringe feed to encourage more eating.
He will dig and bite the towel when he comes out for feeding.
In January he had a setback and improved without a dental so I may check my notes to treat this the same way.

I hope the pain meds are helping him. I'm sorry he's not eating much and has small poops. Is he doing better today? Sending him many vibes.

Raven is still not eating or drinking enough on his own. I am not sure if he needs more time for his mouth to feel good after the dental, or if gut related too.
I have him on syringe feeds, fluids, medicam and two motility drugs. He pees and poos, yet output small.
His eyes are bright, ears alert, and he is close to normal on his activity level.
I wonder if medicam can affect appetite.

I'm sorry he's still not eating or drinking enough by himself. :( I'm glad he's alert and active, at least. I think it's possible for his pain meds to affect his appetite. Tom, Sophie's previous friend, couldn't have one type of NSAID (carprofen) because it always made him lose his appetite, so maybe what you're giving him can affect some bunnies that way, too? You might want to ask your vet.

I'm sorry he's still not eating or drinking enough by himself. :( I'm glad he's alert and active, at least. I think it's possible for his pain meds to affect his appetite. Tom, Sophie's previous friend, couldn't have one type of NSAID (carprofen) because it always made him lose his appetite, so maybe what you're giving him can affect some bunnies that way, too? You might want to ask your vet.

Years ago I had a snuffles bunny who stopped eating with medicam , yet I never knew for sure. Thanks. I just gave him some, yet will delay next dose and monitor him for pain.

He ihas been off all meds,fluids and syringe feeds and has been eating a little more hay and drinking lots. I hope I did not jinx him.

It might be the type of NSAID or antibiotic or dosage that makes him eat less.

Can you get RodiCare Appetit syrup? It has some acorus calamus, ginger root, gentiana and artemisia absinthium.

Since my post last week Raven is eating much more and is begging for treats multiple times a day. He is also looking handsome in his shiny new coat.

That's a great update! I'm glad he's doing much better and is even looking handsome. :love: Begging for treats is always a good sign, I think. :D

Back