• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Male rabbit harrassing

Kenzie122_

New Kit
I have both a male and female rabbit, they're housed separately and in different rooms. They're free roam. My male rabbit continues to escape and harass my female, she tries to hide from him. Hes a sex pest and he once caught her and ripped all the fur from her back. Why does he continue to harass her even after shes shown shes not interested

Last edited:
He's a rabbit - that's what they do.
Has he been neutered? He will calm down somewhat a couple of months after neutering.
If neither are neutered, you run the very real risk of baby bunnies soon.

He's a rabbit - that's what they do.
Has he been neutered? He will calm down somewhat a couple of months after neutering.
If neither are neutered, you run the very real risk of baby bunnies soon.

Just what I was about to say - plus is the female neutered?

I have both a male and female rabbit, they're housed separately and in different rooms. They're free roam. My male rabbit continues to escape and harass my female, she tries to hide from him. Hes a sex pest and he once caught her and ripped all the fur from her back. Why does he continue to harass her even after shes shown shes not interested

Are both of your Rabbits neutered ? If not and he has ‘ caught her’ she may be pregnant.

If they are both neutereed and you want them to live together you need to go through a bonding process with them

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-care-advice/ownership/bonding-rabbits/

Back