• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Rye Hay from Happy Hay Co

is it dust free? I'm finding that M&T hay really dusty. Do they like the meadow as much?

I think this might be our next hay

is it dust free? I'm finding that M&T hay really dusty. Do they like the meadow as much?

There's no dust at all, really impressed. They haven't tried the meadow yet because they are so obsessed with the Rye Hay, but I would say that the meadow hay strands look very short, which I don't like in a hay (and my bunnies don't like either as a general rule) - I'll let you know what they think once they try it :)

There's no dust at all, really impressed. They haven't tried the meadow yet because they are so obsessed with the Rye Hay, but I would say that the meadow hay strands look very short, which I don't like in a hay (and my bunnies don't like either as a general rule) - I'll let you know what they think once they try it :)

excellent, thank you.

I noticed that their rye hay has sold out and that they now have broad oak rye hay. Which did you get?
Thanks

It looks fantastic :thumb:

I will definitely have to try it when it's back in stock. Is Rye hay safe to feed all the time? :wave:

It looks fantastic :thumb:

I will definitely have to try it when it's back in stock. Is Rye hay safe to feed all the time? :wave:

that Rye hay isn't coming back in stock:(, they have a new rye hay, exert from website

This is a different batch of Rye from our field "Broad Oak" and is every bit as good as the now sold out first batch rye, it's just a little thinner in the stem and from a different field, we're sure that your pets will love it just as much as our other rye!

Rye grass is around 3% higher in protein and 0.2% higher in sugar than standard timothy hay.

This makes it great for growing and fussy bunnies, but if you choose to feed Rye grass hay as their primary source of hay you can afford to cut pellet intake to balance their protein intake back down by 3%.

Zigzag - you'll have to report back on your sample now :lol: wonder if you got new or old batch

That’s very surprising, none of the 3 different hays I had from them was dusty at all.

I noticed that their rye hay has sold out and that they now have broad oak rye hay. Which did you get?
Thanks

Mine is the original Rye (just checked the box) - I ordered a few days before they announced it was sold out on Facebook, so must have got one of the last boxes. It sounds like the new one is very similar though :)

Thank you beapig. I’m getting a sample of the new batch and hope it will go down just as well!

I received both samples today. I was really surprised to find that both of my bunnies loved the meadow hay. They don’t ever usually like that. Zigs like the rye more than Winnie, which did surprise me as she is the big hay eater.

The samples are small. They could have been a bit more generous!

I received both samples today. I was really surprised to find that both of my bunnies loved the meadow hay. They don’t ever usually like that. Zigs like the rye more than Winnie, which did surprise me as she is the big hay eater.

The samples are small. They could have been a bit more generous!

Oooohhhh interesting that they like the meadow. Boo to tiny samples, thats a big pet peeve of mine. Did it indicate if you have new batch rye? will you buy?

Ahhh, i do like a hay check in

I got the new rye grass batch. I’m likely to buy the meadow hay- probably a small amount to start with. Both my bunnies love the M and T rye grass hay, and I’m surprised you found it dusty, as mine was very dust free.

They don’t really like the Herby Hay stuff as much anymore, so I won’t get that again anytime soon.

Back