• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help I think my rabbit may be pregnant

Hi there everyone I’m new here and I have a few questions.

I just wanna say that I’m not a rabbit breeder and have no desire to become one (no hate to anyone who is a breeder).

So I adopted two male rabbits a month ago and have been housing them together, they get along and have settled in well, also they are 4 months old and are siblings. I did see one of my rabbits mounting the other one a lot and falling over and making a grunting sound. After some Googling I found out that this is a sign of a successful mate. I immediately took my rabbits to the vet and found out one of them is female, the other is male and my vet is pretty sure the female is pregnant. She did feel her belly and couldn’t feel any babies but she said I have to wait 35 days to see if she gives birth. I currently have my rabbits separated and the male is getting neutered on Friday. So my questions are do you think she will definitely be pregnant? I have noticed her eating more pellets and sleeping more. I remember seeing about 6 fall offs as well. Another question is how do I care for these babies if and when they are born?

Thanks to anyone who has read this and replies :)

Hi there everyone I’m new here and I have a few questions.

I just wanna say that I’m not a rabbit breeder and have no desire to become one (no hate to anyone who is a breeder).

So I adopted two male rabbits a month ago and have been housing them together, they get along and have settled in well, also they are 4 months old and are siblings. I did see one of my rabbits mounting the other one a lot and falling over and making a grunting sound. After some Googling I found out that this is a sign of a successful mate. I immediately took my rabbits to the vet and found out one of them is female, the other is male and my vet is pretty sure the female is pregnant. She did feel her belly and couldn’t feel any babies but she said I have to wait 35 days to see if she gives birth. I currently have my rabbits separated and the male is getting neutered on Friday. So my questions are do you think she will definitely be pregnant? I have noticed her eating more pellets and sleeping more. I remember seeing about 6 fall offs as well. Another question is how do I care for these babies if and when they are born?

Thanks to anyone who has read this and replies :)

It is possible for a 4 month old Doe to become pregnant and fall offs are definitely a sign of a successful mate. So for now I would assume that she is pregnant. She will be in the clear if there are no kits 36 days after the last fall off.

Some information on unexpected litters here

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?327923-Accidental-Litters-and-Taking-on-Babies

Please note that a Buck can remain fertile for 6-8 weeks AFTER neutering, so even if she is not pregnant they need to be kept apart during that time.

Good luck :)

Back