Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amber Zorro bonding update post 28

Hoping that can be good frendsi & that your carpet survives

www.TrawdenSoapKitchen.Etsy.com including Boobly Bears dried forage & herb mix

I want pictures! hope it all goes well, you're so brave, I cannot bond bunnies x

Wise Old Thumper

Sending lots of bonding vibes. How's it going?

Although they were getting along with less chasing, both started chewing holes and pulling stuffing from ia quilted moving blanket I put under the bonding pen to keep them from trying to chew my living room rug. When I put fleece over it thew moved the fleece to chew. I was worried they would ingest fibers so they are separated again. I wish I had a way to transport wood underlayment or something they would not chew and possibly ingest . I may just pin /clip fleece under the pen. They both had fleece blankets for months and chewing was not an issue before.

They are cute together and I saw a few brief groomings between chasing, humping attempts and the blanket chewing.

I would appreciate some vibes that they did not ingest any of the blanket confetti they created.
    Last edited by bunny momma; 10-04-2021 at 06:48 AM.

Norty chewers !!

Hope you manage to get them together eventually. x

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

UK Med Freedom Alliance https://www.ukmedfreedom.org/

I hope you can come up with a solution to protecting your rug, and get them together

It sounds like the bonding itself is going well, when they were able to be together. I'm sorry they keep chewing everything, though! Lots of vibes for their not having swallowed anything. I hope clipping/pinning some fleece to the pen will work better and you can continue the bonding.

Sorry to hear they are chewing, my 2 are the same. It sounds like things are going well, and I’m sending you positive vibes. Looking forward to seeing photos.

Fleece clipped to bottom of pen-time for round 3 of bunny vs floor covering. They are eating dinner from each other's bowl between floor scratching and trying to chew fleece. They never were chewers, so it makes me wonder why they are wanting to chew this floor. I never expected their chewing / possible ingestion of fiber would be stressing me the most with this bond.
    I sometimes hear Zorro talking to Amber- um um um. I imagine he is saying I love you.

Three hours of relative calm . Zorro sometimes grooms Amber a few seconds before trying to sneek behind Amber who runs away. Amber gave Zorro a few licks on his head then she tried to hump his head before he backs up and runs away.
    The pen is set up as an octagon so they cannot be cornered.

Not sure what to do when it is time for me to sleep. I may separate overnight so I can sleep.