• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amber Zorro bonding update post 28

They are siblings and were living side by side for months, yet I was still concerned. It is almost 1:45 am and they are in each others litterbox eating hay. Today they are calmer, yet rest away from each other.

My concern is when Amber briefly humps Zorro's head until he backs away, and the occasional interest in scratching/biting fleece on floor.

They are siblings and were living side by side for months, yet I was still concerned. It is almost 1:45 am and they are in each others litterbox eating hay. Today they are calmer, yet rest away from each other.

My concern is when Amber briefly humps Zorro's head until he backs away, and the occasional interest in scratching/biting fleece on floor.
Aboleth would hump Lopsy's head when she wanted her own way, whether he was the impediment or not :lol: Lopsy would nip her if it got too much, judging by the speed she jumped away. Neither ever learned :lol: And Aboleth was the smart one! :roll:

I started to trust them together when they began to sit peacefully together as chasing and humping decreased. They do not show any aggression even when they take greens from the other's mouth, so today I left them together when I had to go to a store.

He eats many of her pellets and she eats more hay. They use either litterbox and their poo looks alike. Any tips to make sure both are eating, drinking,peeing,pooping when they share everything?

Last edited:
Sounds like it's going well. :)

Honestly, with two bunnies, I think the only way to make sure they're both eating and drinking and everything okay is to keep a close eye on them, to check if you see both of them drinking and eating and going into the litterbox to pee and poop. I haven't found any other way to make sure.

Sounds like it's going well. :)

Honestly, with two bunnies, I think the only way to make sure they're both eating and drinking and everything okay is to keep a close eye on them, to check if you see both of them drinking and eating and going into the litterbox to pee and poop. I haven't found any other way to make sure.

That is the only way I could think of too. The other I saw a piece of fiber in the poo and was not sure if both were pooping properly (this was after they began to chew the quilted moving blanket I put on the floor to protect my rug from their prior chewing). I separated them until both made poos to ease my mind.

That is the only way I could think of too. The other I saw a piece of fiber in the poo and was not sure if both were pooping properly (this was after they began to chew the quilted moving blanket I put on the floor to protect my rug from their prior chewing). I separated them until both made poos to ease my mind.
With how they'd been chewing things, that sounds wise to separate them for a while to make sure they were both pooping okay. I'm glad they haven't had any digestive trouble because of their chewing.

They are so good together and seeing them so happy warms my heart. Today my spouse was watching them kiss each others face at the same time. Later they sat together in one of the single occupancy litter boxes eating hay.
Today one managed to pull fleece at edge to find my carpet and tried to chew it before I secured the fleece again.
They love dandelion leaves and eat them in seconds. I feed them each a green and the first one to finish will grab the end of the other's green and the play tug of war until they are nose to nose. Neither nips, they just get in each other's face-literally.

These siblings were meant to be together, and I am glad fate brought Zorro here a month after Amber.

Oh this is such lovely news, well done bunnies, and well done bunny momma for bringing them together :love:

The only downside is that both have downgraded me to the food delivery service/cleaning lady. Yet they can make me giggle when they interact together, plus they sit nicely for me to keep their fur groomed.
Thanks to my ru friends for giving me advice and support to make this bond possible.

The only downside is that both have downgraded me to the food delivery service/cleaning lady. Yet they can make me giggle when they interact together, plus they sit nicely for me to keep their fur groomed.
Thanks to my ru friends for giving me advice and support to make this bond possible.
Aw, you've been downgraded! I'm glad you can at least enjoy watching them together. :love:

Back