• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amber Zorro bonding update post 28

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Amber was back to normal health for several days, so today she and Zorro are bonding. I got them a month apart in Oct and Nov yet they are siblings /littermates.

We have a lot of chasing and humping attempts from Zorro. Amber runs away and flicks her feet, except once when she humped him briefly. She put her head under his chin a few times, yet he only licked her a couple seconds before chasing her.

Amber is slightly larger and Zorro was bullied by another bunny before I insisted he come home with me, so I am a little surprised Zorro is being relentless in chasing Amber. He even was eating from the green she already was eating.

The pen is set up as an octagon in the middle of my living room that has carpet and amber just stated to scratch and pull on carpet so I may need to stop this before she manages to get any carpet fibers.

Still bunny bonding. Two more times Zorro gave Amber a few licks on her ears before walking behind her-then she gets up and runs.

Now they are relaxing on opposite sides of the pen again.

Shortly before Zorro was scratching and trying to pull carpet fibers.

I cannot leave them together tonight since no way to keep them from trying to chew carpet.
I will get something to cover carpet tomorrow and hope we can continue to do well.

Last edited:
Hope that the bonding will work out. Bonding has never been my favourite thing, so stressful !!

I kept thinking a fight would began so I was very close with plastic dust pan in hand. My nephew was off school for the week for easter recess and today I had him over to help me with spring cleaning before bunny bonding, so I had moral support, help with moving my recliners, setting up the pen, and to take turns bunny sitting for the first two hours of bonding.

While it is stressful for me, I worry about the stress for these wonderful bunnies, especially Amber.

I hope my bunnies can be as happy as your three pairs.

Last edited:
Sending lots of bonding vibes your way. It is all sounding good, Zorro should chase Amber for a couple of days before they start to settle down, then 2 happy Bunnies :thumb:

Thank you friends. I got a couple moving blankets and some fleece yardage large enough to cover the carpet so they cannot ingest carpet fibers or put a hole in the middle of my living room/neutral area wall to wall carpet.
Time to try again.

I want pictures! [emoji38] hope it all goes well, you're so brave, I cannot bond bunnies [emoji51] x

Although they were getting along with less chasing, both started chewing holes and pulling stuffing from ia quilted moving blanket I put under the bonding pen to keep them from trying to chew my living room rug. When I put fleece over it thew moved the fleece to chew. I was worried they would ingest fibers so they are separated again. I wish I had a way to transport wood underlayment or something they would not chew and possibly ingest . I may just pin /clip fleece under the pen. They both had fleece blankets for months and chewing was not an issue before.

They are cute together and I saw a few brief groomings between chasing, humping attempts and the blanket chewing.

I would appreciate some vibes that they did not ingest any of the blanket confetti they created.

Last edited:
I hope you can come up with a solution to protecting your rug, and get them together :love:

It sounds like the bonding itself is going well, when they were able to be together. :love: I'm sorry they keep chewing everything, though! Lots of vibes for their not having swallowed anything. I hope clipping/pinning some fleece to the pen will work better and you can continue the bonding.

Sorry to hear they are chewing, my 2 are the same. It sounds like things are going well, and I’m sending you positive vibes. Looking forward to seeing photos.

Fleece clipped to bottom of pen-time for round 3 of bunny vs floor covering. They are eating dinner from each other's bowl between floor scratching and trying to chew fleece. They never were chewers, so it makes me wonder why they are wanting to chew this floor. I never expected their chewing / possible ingestion of fiber would be stressing me the most with this bond.
I sometimes hear Zorro talking to Amber- um um um. I imagine he is saying I love you.

Three hours of relative calm . Zorro sometimes grooms Amber a few seconds before trying to sneek behind Amber who runs away. Amber gave Zorro a few licks on his head then she tried to hump his head before he backs up and runs away.
The pen is set up as an octagon so they cannot be cornered.

Not sure what to do when it is time for me to sleep. I may separate overnight so I can sleep.

Back