• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no! Cage emergency!

slaterk said:
Unfortunately I am coming from Germany and not the US. I have never actually seen the condo's apart from on that site (it was a link from rabbit.org) and they do look soooo cool. Maybe I will ask them what the shipping cost is - with the pound being so strong against the dollar it may not work out 'too' expensive!!

Remember, you might need to add on 22% to the total price if you get caught out by customs. That'll include VAT and import duty. You don't always get caught. It depends on weight, size, the courier, what's writtien on the package by the sender, who was working that day and much they like paperwork. Then the post office like to charge a percentage of total for sticking a card through your door telling you you have extra to pay. They're nice like that. Sometimes your stuff gets through without any extra to pay. Sometimes it doesn't. You can ask the sender to write something innocuous on the package, Andi thinks there's a lower rate on 'printed goods'. But it's best to budget for the extra in case you get caught. If the seller happened to declare the value of the contents were lower then you wouldn't be charged, but of course this is quite illegal and not something I would recommend. Ahem.

If the shipper uses FEDX or UPS then you pretty much have to accept that you WILL be paying tax. It's quite depressing, and I mention it just incase you aren't aware after living in Germany. :(

Back