• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And todays mystery object is.....?

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Answers on a postcard please....
OhQQXDb.jpg
[/IMG]

Its a washing machine motor?

I knew you'd get it right. And my weekend was going so well too! 11am - "the washing appears to be rather wet" was the words that greated me as I was just starting to clean the garage. "We'll try a apin - see if that works" was my default answer. So we did. And nothing happened.
I knew what the culprit would be - the servicable carbon brushes. A task I could have really done without because internet gurus do this in 5 minutes flat. But I'm someone who takes his time with everything - so it took me a good hour of slow methodical painstaking checking and double checking and a few rather rusted screws holding the bottom panel, in order to wrench the damned thing out from it's holding. Now I just have to order the brushes and wait for Mr postman to come and deliver them. Then I'll have the joy of putting it all back together again.....

Good luck with that Craig :lol: but well done you for sorting it yourself, I'd have been buying a new one :?

Good work diagnosing this yourself. I had professional ,and I use that word loosely, repair firm who took multiple trips and part changes to diagnose an issue when my appliance was under warranty. I recall sillyrabbit had similar experience.

Hope you get your part quickly.

Did Leo and Flo help?

Good work diagnosing this yourself. I had professional ,and I use that word loosely, repair firm who took multiple trips and part changes to diagnose an issue when my appliance was under warranty. I recall sillyrabbit had similar experience.

Hope you get your part quickly.

Did Leo and Flo help?

I’m saddened that you had such poor experience with repair men. I must confess that the inter web is my saviour as there’s so much information out there, one can attempt a reasonable diagnosis. To be honest, and I’m open to being shot down here, there’s not much that can go wrong in a modern washing machine. There’s the big drum that revolves on bearings, a big old belt that’s attached to the motor and the rest is electronics. We had the brushes replaced by a repair geezer about 6 years ago and I watched and listened. The symptoms were the same so I’m applying the same thought train. We were charged about 75 quid last time and I’ve sourced replacement brushes for less than a tenner so I’ve ordered 2 sets. That way when they wear down again, I’ll have instant replacements.
Leo and Flo spent all day outside in the garden today and loved every minute of it. I could keep an eye on them and they made the most of today. Tomorrow is a total opposite as it’s gonna be absolutely freezing cold so it’ll be an indoor day.

Glad Leo and Flo enjoyed time outside. Our weather varies widely in spring, so winter coat to light jacket to raincoat in a day or two like last week. It is suppose to warm up this week.

I had no idea what the mystery object was, so I'm glad you and j&b told us. :lol: I'm sorry, though, that your washing machine broke. :( It's good that you could order the brushes, and I hope they'll arrive soon so you won't be without a washing machine for too long.

Back