• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zoom zooms & binky binky

RinnyRin

Warren Scout
I was watching leafy on the pet cam in the middle of the night,

there he was, running around like mad bun, head shaking (I dunno how to describe it) and body twisting mid flight. Then hop...straight into the litter tray/hay rack for a nibble like nothing had happened.

It had me thinking...do rabbits have bodily control when they do zoomies/binkies? Or is their brain so excited, joyous, over stimulated that it all just comes out in bodily actions? A bit like me when I’m super happy...I get really energetic and often happy stim (ASD ADHD)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely. They already work out the route for a zoomie and see things quicker than us so react quicker. Binkies I think are more impulsive but if you watch them they also react quicker mid flight.

That's a good question.

It certainly does appear as if it's quite random (although obviously triggered by certain things) burst of joy!

Hmm, interesting question... I think they must have some control, or they'd be crashing into things all the time, right? But I don't see them do that very often, though it does happen sometimes... But I'm not sure if they have complete control. I like the idea of their binkying being like happy stimming, all excited energy coming out at once. I can relate to that, haha (though I don't go running and jumping through the room :lol:). It's always funny to me how after they do zoomies and binkies they act like nothing happened. :lol:

It’s something I love watching, especially the act like nothing happened vibes. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back