• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone bought from Happy Hay?

Not ordered from them. I am mostly sticking with the bales of hay I get delivered from a farm as it is by far my Rabbit’s favourite. I do buy some from Healthy Herby, but no other company now.

Looking at the website, it seems they add delivery separately. Hows much did they charge?

Not ordered from them. I am mostly sticking with the bales of hay I get delivered from a farm as it is by far my Rabbit’s favourite. I do buy some from Healthy Herby, but no other company now.

Out of interest, where do you get your farm hay from? Do they have a website? Thanks

Yes, it was £3.50, which I believe is their flat rate delivery regardless of how much you order. I will let you know if my bunnies like their hay...the reviews are good so I'm hopeful. Zigzag, I believe Jane said she gets her hay from a farm local to her. Might be worth looking to see what you have near you - my local farm sells massive bales for only £6 each, but my bunnies are fussy and went off it quickly :lol:

Out of interest, where do you get your farm hay from? Do they have a website? Thanks

Frosbury Farm in Guildford. They deliver to Hampton Court Palace Stockyard, just down the road from me, so I have never been charged for delivery over the last 22 years.

It does look really nice. Damn you beapig, you are making me hay crazed again:lol: & I'd been doing so well

Do report back please

I get mine from nature's own pets. The sweet green hay is £5.19 for 3.5kg and is amazing. I get that and the Devon meadow for £4.19. I buy 4 of each with free delivery because I spend over £19.95. It comes in comfortable bags too. I will be interested to know how your buns like it. I like having different varieties.

Last edited:
I've just had a look. It would cost me a fortune to feed 11 buns and 10 pigs. :( I normally buy 28kg worth for £37.52 and at happypet at £2.00/kg it would cost me £51.00. And that would only last about a month :lol: would be nice for a great or at Xmas though.

Mine get farm hay with a bit of natures own sweet green hay sprinkled on top. Works well and doesnt cost too much.

I've just had a look. It would cost me a fortune to feed 11 buns and 10 pigs. :( I normally buy 28kg worth for £37.52 and at happypet at £2.00/kg it would cost me £51.00. And that would only last about a month :lol: would be nice for a great or at Xmas though.

the risk of buying fancy hay as a treat is them turning into hay snobs. JB&M were happy on farm baled hay until I ventured in to online hay shopping

I buy nature’s own sweet green hay, and m&t Timothy hay and ryegrass hay. I also like to feed a selection. She gets farm baled meadow hay too.

I have just ordered a sample from Happy Hay. My rabbits really like the M and T ryegrass, but I got herby hay this time to change things up.

I can't afford them to be hay snobs :lol: I do get the burns been oat hay as a hay topper. They know how to get what they want these bunnies, they have us well trained. :lol:

I really wish that mine weren't hay snobs :lol: The problem is that hay can vary so much between harvests, or even batches. Usually mine love the Ings from Hay & Straw, which is affordable for me, but the latest bag seemed a bit dusty and less green compared to usual, so I'm having to give them all sorts. I tried to 'force them' to eat it for a few days, pretty sure they were starving themselves in protest, minus their daily portion of pellets and greens!

I hope that when I move to the countryside next year, it's easier to find good, cheap farm hay :) The stuff I found locally to us was okay, but that also seemed quite dusty when I pulled it apart tbh.

So I’ve just bought some of their meadow hay. My 2 are hay snobs too, they don’t seem to like timothyhay.co.uk hay or their herby hay stuff :roll:

Back