• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Pet Carrier?

Beapig

Mama Doe
Can someone recommend a good pet carrier? One that opens from the top. My vet today told me I should get one like this, because it was hard to removal Maple through the door and she got stressed. The one I have at the mo used to be my Granny's, so probably time for an upgrade!

Ideally looking for a plastic one, as my heavy buns make the fabric ones sag :lol:

Can someone recommend a good pet carrier? One that opens from the top. My vet today told me I should get one like this, because it was hard to removal Maple through the door and she got stressed. The one I have at the mo used to be my Granny's, so probably time for an upgrade!

Ideally looking for a plastic one, as my heavy buns make the fabric ones sag [emoji38]
Catit carrier, look on amazon, its great :)

Another recommendation for the Catit, I bought it a few months back after seeing it on RU and would never go back to another carrier now!
It comfortably fits our 3 buns in (although it's incredibly heavy at that point :lol: ), it's easy to get them out of and it feels very secure. Plus I love the fact you can put the seatbelt through the top to keep them secure in the car :D

I might have to go for this one.

When we had our English Lop I bought a small dog carrier and now with two reasonably small 2kg buns it's large and unwieldy.

We've been borrowing my mother in laws guinea pig carrier (thoroughly cleaned) but it only works for one really. But I like it because it uses the seat belt to keep them nice and secure and I can have them up front with me.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I think I will definitely have to get one, especially since my vet shamed me for my hand me down 1970s one from my granny :lol: To be fair it is really sturdy, but it would be better if the top opened.

I think I will definitely have to get one, especially since my vet shamed me for my hand me down 1970s one from my granny :lol: To be fair it is really sturdy, but it would be better if the top opened.
It must be really sturdy if it's still in one piece after all that time! Hopefully you can get a top-opening one and your vet won't shame you anymore. :lol:

I used cardboard boxes for years, the last one got completly ripped up in the waiting room by my boy :D, now it's a cheap top open plastic cat carrier with wire front door - much better. Anyway, the door comes lose when removing the top, I would prefer if a low barrier to the front would stay in place.

I used cardboard boxes for years, the last one got completly ripped up in the waiting room by my boy :D, now it's a cheap top open plastic cat carrier with wire front door - much better. Anyway, the door comes lose when removing the top, I would prefer if a low barrier to the front would stay in place.
Blimey you were lucky, mine always seem to pee in the carrier at the vets.. So a cardboard box wouldn't work, I'd get drenched [emoji38] plus it'd be a very heavy box [emoji38]

Even my biggest pair (lionhead crosses) easily squish together and fit in this style of carrier. They seem to shrink when afraid and cram together for safety.
Lopsy likes to roam about XD Aboleth would cower at the back, Lopsy just acts like it's a new space and Chibbs tries to escape by digging the window (we have a Catit too).

We used to put Charlie in cardboard boxes: Nethie death stares from the bottom of the box :D He weed once but we always put newspaper in as well ;P

Back