• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the hay your bunnies will ALWAYS eat?

Beapig

Mama Doe
My bunnies have turned their nose up at the latest batch of Ings hay from Hay & Straw. It is perfectly good but they're being fussy as anything at the moment, it's driving me crazy. Right now, they will only eat the soft cut hay from Haybox. Their poopies are more black than golden.

If anyone could recommend a really good meadow hay particularly, I'd so appreciate it. The Hay Box meadow hay was a big no no too. I bought a bale of farm hay which they liked for a couple of days and then changed their minds about :roll: The grass is starting to grow back in their run so could also be they are eating more grass, therefore less hay.

I know there are several hay connoisseurs on RU...please help me! Haha :lol:

My bunnies have turned their nose up at the latest batch of Ings hay from Hay & Straw. It is perfectly good but they're being fussy as anything at the moment, it's driving me crazy. Right now, they will only eat the soft cut hay from Haybox. Their poopies are more black than golden.

If anyone could recommend a really good meadow hay particularly, I'd so appreciate it. The Hay Box meadow hay was a big no no too. I bought a bale of farm hay which they liked for a couple of days and then changed their minds about :roll: The grass is starting to grow back in their run so could also be they are eating more grass, therefore less hay.

I know there are several hay connoisseurs on RU...please help me! Haha [emoji38]
Timothyhay.co.uk, never ever had issues, everything else varies, but mine are all excellent hay eaters.

Ohh also, alfalfa King Timothy hay, pets at home sell it, it's only a small bag, but if I needed emergency hay I'd go grab a few bags of that [emoji38]

Timothyhay.co.uk, never ever had issues, everything else varies, but mine are all excellent hay eaters.

Ohh also, alfalfa King Timothy hay, pets at home sell it, it's only a small bag, but if I needed emergency hay I'd go grab a few bags of that [emoji38]

Oooh interesting, thanks Graciee. Do you know if they do samples?

I'd second timothyhay.co.uk as the one they most reliably (always)eat (regular timothy or the 2018 soft timothy). I dunno why they like a brown old hay thats been kicking round 3 years more than the lovely green & sweet stuff I buy them. It doesn't even smell appealing

I'd second timothyhay.co.uk as the one they most reliably (always)eat (regular timothy or the 2018 soft timothy). I dunno why they like a brown old hay thats been kicking round 3 years more than the lovely green & sweet stuff I buy them. It doesn't even smell appealing

Thanks Joey&Boo, I will definitely look on their website. Did your buns like that Etsy meadow hay in the end?

Boobly seems quite fond of it now but they all ignored it initially. Joey likes the rye hay from M&T at the mo. You want me to send a sample?

Boobly seems quite fond of it now but they all ignored it initially. Joey likes the rye hay from M&T at the mo. You want me to send a sample?

I don't know if I've heard of M&T, can it be bought online? A sample would be amazing, thank you so much, that's so kind of you!

I bought it online, worked out cheaper than haybox & timothy.hay.co.uk but boy does it hurt when you know how much you actually pay for delivery. No worries at all - PM me your address

Bunny Nature Fresh Grass Hay Purenature is Brkos TOP choice, he also eats Versele Laga Mountain hay Lots of fiber, expensive though). He likes the sead heads of TImothy hay :D
Sherlock eats any type of hay... But I give him only the hardest types so far. For his teeth. So no Bunny hay for him.

The only type they both dislike and will not eat is oat hay.

I'm jet to try Jr Farm mountain hay as it has more fiber than Bunny hay.

Well mine all love farm hay (yes)! Also natures own sweet green hay which I sprinkle on top once in a while.

Back