• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few videos from the weekend...

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Thought I'd share a few videos taken this weekend of Flo & Leo - show you all how they are progressing.
First one is footage I took this morning when I caught madam giving a bit of sugar towards Leo.....

Then I caught madam doing this! and a few close ups of noses...

a bit of lawn footage....

And finally some forage mat antics from the other night - Leo showing how to boss the forage mat...

Flo is fast asleep under the table right now - eyes shut tight. I've not had a bunny who sleeps like this before.
She had a bit of a box with me last night - a bit out of the blue. I was stroking her and put my hand down on the carpet - not even that close to her, and she started boxing my hand. She still presents as quite anxious and nervous even though she's been here almost 2 months. Maybe I'm expecting too much? I would have hoped she would have relaxed more. She seems to be quite happy in the garden but her body language at times is still very defensive.

I loved watching your videos - thank you for posting.
You talked about them perhaps being spooked by the wind - that was just about the only thing that used to spook my bunnies. Used to spook me too, until I had all the fences replaced.

Love these - I know it's been tough, but it must help now seeing Leo comfortable and cared for by his new lady, even it is still hurts as well? They are a lovely pair, and I'm really glad they have worked out, for your sakes and for Flo's. I think she's rather lovely, just the sweetest face!

Was she asleep when she started boxing you Craig as you may have taken her by surprise? :love: the videos!

Aww, they're lovely videos. :love: I love both Flo and Leo coming to say hello to the camera outside. :love: About Flo, I think a lot of bunnies need more than two months to feel relaxed in their new home. I don't think two months is all that much time, really, when you consider how anxious they can be and what a huge change it is to move somewhere new, and Flo was very anxious to begin with, of course. I know it took Casper longer than two months to feel comfortable. Still, I've always thought that bunnies who sleep with their eyes closed must feel quite safe, since they apparently don't feel the need to keep an eye on anything that could threaten them.

Was she asleep when she started boxing you Craig as you may have taken her by surprise? :love: the videos!

No - she was awake and having strokies. She sort of allows these on her terms and after a few minutes I moved my hand slowly away from her to pick up a bit of sawdust from the carpet (Leo's floofy feet) and she just went for it. Twice. I'm really careful about approaching her so that I don't spook her. Slow steps with Flo but I am still a bit puzzled.

Aww, they're lovely videos. :love: I love both Flo and Leo coming to say hello to the camera outside. :love: About Flo, I think a lot of bunnies need more than two months to feel relaxed in their new home. I don't think two months is all that much time, really, when you consider how anxious they can be and what a huge change it is to move somewhere new, and Flo was very anxious to begin with, of course. I know it took Casper longer than two months to feel comfortable. Still, I've always thought that bunnies who sleep with their eyes closed must feel quite safe, since they apparently don't feel the need to keep an eye on anything that could threaten them.

I absolutely agree. I think deep down I was hoping she would have felt more settled quicker, but like many rabbits, she has to take her own time to adjust to the new life here. It's a massive upheaval for her not only from an evironment perspective, but from hoomans and also having to live with a new rabbit. The fact she has bonded with Leo is I think, a strong positive for both rabbits and is the reason that we give them the homes we do. Bonding and accepting us is something which Flo will hopefully do in her own time. xx

Those videos were my moment of joy in a very fraught world today. Thank you so much for sharing. No advice re Flo but Susan is still a bit standoff with us, in fact she surprised me by coming up to me and nosing me the other day.

I really enjoyed the videos Craig! Thanks for sharing :) My Jellybean sounds similar to your Flo, and she has never 'grown out' of it, despite being very settled now. She is an affectionate girl and loves a cuddle but, is also very defensive and her mood can suddenly turn without expecting it. I just see it as a personality trait and try not to take it personally - she escaped being dragged off by a fox in her previous home too so, that might have something to do with her always being a bit on edge.

Leo and Flo are soul mates and they look like they have been together their entire lives. How wonderful that they each have a special friend. Your videos were very entertaining too. I especially liked the forage ball. It must have contained something very yummy. :love:

Back