• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bipedal mutant bunnies *article might be distressing to some*

a reader of books

Warren Veteran
I read this article today about bunnies who, because of a genetic mutation, walk on their front feet some of the time? The science is too complicated for me, but maybe some of you will find it interesting: https://gizmodo.com/these-mutant-rabbits-walk-on-two-legs-and-geneticists-1846562358 There are photos and a video of the bunnies walking this way, just in case some of you might not like seeing that, and a reference to the bunnies being used for animal studies/testing. The scientist says walking this way doesn't seem to cause them any pain, though, so I think the bunnies are okay? But I think some people might find it distressing, so I wanted to give a warning.

I read that yesterday. I realize that it must be helpful to science to study these rabbits but it pains me that they're keeping the line alive for that purpose.

It is very informative but also very sad. :cry:

That's fascinating. Very sad, but shows how nature can get it REALLY wrong and why a lot of human-bred traits (preferred or not) interact in different parts of the body and cause terrible consequences.

Back