• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disposable Litter Trays

ahf

New Kit
Hi everyone! I recently started seeing disposable litter trays or litter tray inserts on amazon! I was wondering if anyone has experience with these or thoughts on these for easier litter clean up, or knows of any that are definitely made with rabbit safe material? Thanks!

I’ve not seen them but I imagine they are plastic bag like material? If so I wouldn’t use them. I use wood pellet cat litter in the litter trays, it’s easy to clean out. You could use newspaper in the bottom of the tray.

I use newspaper under whatever litter I am using (paper-based, hemp, etc) and hay on top. I don't like disposable tray liners. Apart from the plastic element, the ones I tried (freebies) never really worked - they don't fit the trays and stay in place. Newspaper works really well. You can just roll it up with the contents, and it's compostable. It's also less of an issue for diggers and chewers.

Thanks, that's a great idea! No idea why in all these years I never thought of using newspaper! hahaha

Back