• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zzzzzzzzzz...

Playing catchup - last couple of days of snoozes!! Goodess know why he deems the top of the tunnel through the bottle wall to be a suitable place to doze...

Aw, they're such wonderful photos of wonderful bunnies. :love: I especially love the photo of them by the tree, and Freja exploring in the background while Odin takes a nap. Your bottle wall is so creative, too. It looks really fun.

Today's snoozees - Freja was off on the wall again where I can't get pictures, Odin was in his usual position!! Think he had a hard night partying :lol:

Change of venue for today - this is one of their favourite places but hard to photograph. It's the top of a sandstone wall, and Odin took a fancy to it very early on making it clear he'd like to be up there, so we caged it in and they have a secure wire tunnel to keep them safe, with enclosed tunnels and bridges running up to it.

WHAT?! That's getting on for 2/3 Lopsy!

She is getting really big now - both my bunnies are quite fit and lean for giants I think, she is European bred so supposed to be a lot bigger, I think Odin is a little small though apparently a good specimen (he was show bred as he came with a ring, but we took it off as he'd obviously been chewing at it and there was no identification left beneath the teeth marks, would have been nice to know where he came from). I'm still not sure how some of the giants are as big as they are reported to be - some in the giant groups claim 10kg or more - unless they are really fat, but Freja is now at 7kg with another 6 months of growing, and she feels light to the touch so I think she's in another growth spurt. Odin has made it up to 6.6 but dropped again this week to 6.4, hopefully just because it's been cold again. I think he'll be good at about 7kg or just below, more than that and I suspect he'll be heading to fat.
I'm 5'2" and when she is standing on her tiptoes she is not far off my waist...

Unimpressed Freja getting snowed on as she sleeps

And then after they swapped and she was under cover while was out on the wall

And then imaginative snoozing - using the blocks as a heat sink perhaps? Can't think of any other reason for sleeping here!!

Back