• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

11 week old French lop displaying hormonal changes.

Scewae

New Kit
Hi
I’m new to the forum and have owned my girl for 3 weeks. Breeder sexed as a boy but 3 vets sexed as a girl. Just this week she has started to occasionally nip at my arm. She has also started to circle my dog. (Please note both animals are supervised at all times)
I have been told this is very early for her to start showing these signs?
Generally she is a real softie and licks me.
I plan on having her spayed but obviously this can’t happen for a good few months yet.

She may be older than the Breeder told you. Given that the Breeder could not accurately sex an 8 week old Rabbit I would be dubious as to the account given re date of birth.

The behaviour you describe is probably hormonal, with a bit of Spring Fever thrown in

Did the vets say anything about her age and whether they thought she may be a bit older? She could be a totally normal weight for her age and breed. Some vets will neuter from 4-5 months if they're satisfied she's in good health. One of my old buns was very hormonal from about 3 months so it does happen!

No comment was made about her age. My vets won’t spay until 6 months. She seems to have calmed down this evening 🤞

Back