• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit jumping pet gate!!

My Netherland Dwarf keeps jumping over our 3ft pet gate! I know it’s because he free roams all day until I go to bed. I place him in my archway bathroom where he still has plenty of space. What do you suggest? I’m afraid he’ll get hurt. I covered the top a little but he knocks it down somehow!! Thanks in advance :)

Get a taller panel? You can get 4' puppy panels, which stops most bunnies - or a taller dog gate (like a baby gate, but taller). As a temporary measure, can you fasten eg a thick piece of corrugated card at the top of the gate to make it 30cm or so taller? Or maybe hang a curtain in front of it so there is no obvious gap to aim for (although it may get chewed).

Also make sure there's nothing nearby that he can climb on and launch himself over the gate more easily. Nethies are very active and even 4' may not be tall enough.

I have a dog gate to block off my pet room. I have fixed c and c grids to it in order to make it impossible to get through.

None of my rabbits have ever jumped it. Good luck.

One of mine, Dusty is a nethie x here she is with her black and white buck, Snowflake.

https://ibb.co/b1ccBmT

Back