• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plastic Free Forage?

Beapig

Mama Doe
I'm wondering if there are any companies who sell forage without plastic packaging? My bunnies are really loving their dried forage and I've like to buy them more, but I'd rather avoid plastic packaging if possible. Obviously in the summer I'll be able to forage daily in the wild, but pickings are quite limited right now.

I got some plantain from haybox this week that was in brown paper bag. I only got that & nuggets but would assume all forage from their would be packaged the same

There's usually clear info on sites using 'plastic' packaging if it's biodegradeable etc., or how they plan to reduce it. Otherwise, safe to assume it's 'normal' plastic I suppose. Can't see anything about it on healthyherby for example, although they do talk about their cardboard boxes.

I got some plantain from haybox this week that was in brown paper bag. I only got that & nuggets but would assume all forage from their would be packaged the same
I ordered loads from them, all came in paper bags :)

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

They come in like these thickened paper bags, I haven't checked if they're recyclable yet. I can take a picture later

My lot go mad for this forage. I don't like all the dried fruit in it tho tbh

Can Atticus eat forage? reason I ask if I was wondering if those hay box nuggets might be good for putting some weight on him

Can Atticus eat forage? reason I ask if I was wondering if those hay box nuggets might be good for putting some weight on him
He loves forage, but it makes him so ill :( I'm giving him loads of apples twigs which seem to be going good, but I've tried him with so many things and it always ends bad, he adores the herby hay forage but was so ill after :( what's in the hay box nuggets? I really need to get some weight on him, my vet said he's very underweight :(

He loves forage, but it makes him so ill :( I'm giving him loads of apples twigs which seem to be going good, but I've tried him with so many things and it always ends bad, he adores the herby hay forage but was so ill after :( what's in the hay box nuggets? I really need to get some weight on him, my vet said he's very underweight :(

Soz Graicee, I knew I'd written this somewhere but thought it was on my hay thread

Permanent meadows (timothy, meadow fescue, meadow foxtail, ryegrass, red fescue, blue grass, cocksfoot, velvet grass, annual panicle grass, white ragweed, vernal grass, couch grass, tussock grass, reed canary grass, white clover, red clover, dandelion leaves, yarrow herb, ribwort, caraway, cow parsley, meadow sweet, common hornwort, bedstraw, thyme-leaved speedwell, bush vetch, comfrey, bedstraw-meadow thistle, ground ivy, daisies, germander speedwell, lady's mantle, greater burnet-saxifrage, narrow-leaved vetch, meadow saxifrage, spring cinquefoil, green field-speedwell, common whitlow-grass, autumn dandelion, red ragweed, cowslip, small clover), sunflower seed extracted, linseed extracted, fruit pomace, carrot pomace, wheat bran, rape seed extracted

tbh some of these ingredients unnerve me a tad but they have really helped Mouseys tum & bum - I think - hard to say for definite as I've also made some other changes (basically she has those wet, forage & herbs). I guess it'd be risky with Atticus ...too many ingredients. I can empathise though. I used to read about rabbits needing to gain weight & thought to myself that can't be so hard ...turns out it really is if they have any gastro intestinal sensitivities

Back