• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much does your bunny drink?

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Bodmin seems to drink a whole bowl throughout the day. Maple will drink half. I have never had a bun that drinks that much. He is very runny roundy compared to Maple. Is this ok?

Bodmin seems to drink a whole bowl throughout the day. Maple will drink half. I have never had a bun that drinks that much. He is very runny roundy compared to Maple. Is this ok?
Atticus drinks a load [emoji38]

The amount is 100ml per kg of body weight per 24 hours, my vet said and that's what we aim for for Atticus when he's unwell, but he drinks like most of a 1L bowl a day [emoji51]

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Are those big ceramic dog bowls a litre? Boo drinks about two thirds of one of those, Joey doesn't drink much & nor does Mousey.

Tui doesn't drink much. Tethra used to drink a lot more, possibly about half a dog's bowl.

50ml-100ml/kg/day is the average

Rabbits fed a lot of fresh veg etc drink less than those fed a mostly dry diet

A Rabbit drinking a huge amount more than the average merits a Vet check to rule out any heath problems x

Archie and Pip share a rabbit mason and cash bowl. They drink nearly all of it in a day between them. But it does vary, in Winter they drink much more.

Pip started drinking substantially more when she had teeth problems.

Blossom drinks loads, a bowl a day usually. Vet said to keep an eye on increases/decreases and she pees loads.

Its definitely worse when stressed which the vet said wasn't too unusual.

Rodney drinks much less maybe a third of a bowl but he gets wet veggies too. Although he seems to be picking up drinking more from Blossom.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

50ml-100ml/kg/day is the average

Rabbits fed a lot of fresh veg etc drink less than those fed a mostly dry diet

A Rabbit drinking a huge amount more than the average merits a Vet check to rule out any heath problems x

I just looked on the website and the eco bowl he has is 0.75L I think. Will have to get oh to check that though x

On the initial change from fresh food to 'sorry mate, just hay and bramble', they'll get through about 1L of water minimum, then it calms down to about half that, but we have 3 bowls and the outside ones gets topped up by rain so I dunno the real amount TBH. Chibbs drinks more than Lopsy and is more active.

Ok so we have calculated that he is drinking around 500ml in a 24 hour period. We are reducing his pellets and increasing his wet foods to our routine. He’s always drank like this but when he was in a cage I wasn’t sure if he was spilling it. Now he is in the bunny room on the cam he is drinking.

Ok so we have calculated that he is drinking around 500ml in a 24 hour period. We are reducing his pellets and increasing his wet foods to our routine. He’s always drank like this but when he was in a cage I wasn’t sure if he was spilling it. Now he is in the bunny room on the cam he is drinking.

Was he an outdoor Bunny prior to adoption ? If so and he now lives in a centrally heated house he may be a bit too warm as he won’t have shed his outdoor Rabbit heavy winter coat yet

Was he an outdoor Bunny prior to adoption ? If so and he now lives in a centrally heated house he may be a bit too warm as he won’t have shed his outdoor Rabbit heavy winter coat yet

I really don’t know Jane but this is what I am hoping it is. It looks like in his photos he was in a shed

Greetings from cassa sno-flo leo.
Well, Leo predominantly eats fresh greens which will have alot of moisture. He drinks but not that much. He's not a great hay eater but we're working on that.
Sno-flo on the other hand, does like to nom on hay as well as greens and especialy celery but she does like to drink. I'm not sure of the exact amount to be fair but they drink more overnight than during the day. Not sure that helps you much but at least it shows you the difference between them.

Greetings from cassa sno-flo leo.
Well, Leo predominantly eats fresh greens which will have alot of moisture. He drinks but not that much. He's not a great hay eater but we're working on that.
Sno-flo on the other hand, does like to nom on hay as well as greens and especialy celery but she does like to drink. I'm not sure of the exact amount to be fair but they drink more overnight than during the day. Not sure that helps you much but at least it shows you the difference between them.

Thanks everybun. I think it could be abit warm. We put a ceiling fan up in the bunny room yesterday since a third air conditioning man has let us down again. :roll:

Sorry everybun I don’t want to spam RU with another thread.

What do you wash your fleeceys in? Is it ok to use washing powder?

I use a bit of washing powder but then put them on an extra rinse to make sure all the powder is out.

If they're especially pee soaked then sometimes I do a prewash and rinse with vinegar instead of powder.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I found a good heavy duty 'outdoor' type hand brush (the type that comes with a dustpan) is really effective at getting fur & hay off fabric :) And a lot of crushed in bunny poo off carpet pieces!

Back